Private Hudson Valley Craft Brewery Bike Tour With Lunch - New York City
OverviewEnjoy a bike ride to one of the best craft breweries in the New York City Metro region on this full-day private bike tour. Take the Hudson Valley's 'Old-Put' bike path to the Captain Lawrence Brewing Company. Just hop on the Metro-North train in Manhattan and we'll meet you at your arrival station with your bikes. Then travel down 35 miles of scenic, car-free rail trails with a great picnic lunch halfway. At the end of the ride, sample up to 10 tastings of locally famous beer. Transportation will be waiting to drive guests back to the train station afterwards to return to Manhattan. Tour is all-inclusive with rail tickets, lunch, bikes and beer tasting all included.
Know More about this tour
The Putnam Division of the New York Central Railroad also known as the 'Old Put' used to chug commuters into New York City from communities in Westchester and Putnam Counties. First run with steam trains, then with diesels, the route was ultimately abandoned in the 1950s as the regions highways were constructed. Fortunately, much of the right-of-way railroad was left in tact, and now it is a bike path stretching 48 miles between Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx and Brewster.
This bike tour will travel on the northernmost 35 miles of this trail, a ride that is mostly free of cars, with plenty of scenic views along the way. Enjoy how close it is to New York City and its suburbs while riding this trail. Historic markers and remnants of the old railroad line the route, giving travelers an opportunity to learn about the history of the railroad and the communities it served.
Upon reaching the end of the ride, experience the Captain Lawrence Brewing Company and have a tasting of up to 10 beers.
The ride begins at the north end of the 'Old Put' in Brewster, NY. Take the Metro-North train to Brewster and meet the tour leaders there who will have your bikes ready to go. They also will supply energy bars, snacks, and water before sending riders 'down the line.' The recommended train departs Grand Central at 8:50am, Harlem-125th Street at 9am, or Fordham at 9:08am. If not coming from NYC, drive to the North White Plains train station and park for free. Then board this same train at 9:30am.
From Brewster, it is a beautiful 35-mile ride under an almost continuous canopy of trees, with plenty of interesting sights along the way. Enjoy a picnic lunch at the midway point (lunch is provided), then ride on to the 'last stop' in Elmsford at the Captain Lawrence Brewing Company. Sample up to 10 of their beers. When the brewery closes at 6pm, all cyclists will be transported to the North White Plains train station for the train ride home (or to meet a car, if parked there).
Vehicle support is offered on this tour. That means the guides are there for the riders if they cant finish the ride, or if experiencing a breakdown with a bike. They provide the pickup.
Inclusions for Private Hudson Valley Craft Brewery Bike Tour With Lunch
- Beer tasting
- Souvenir tasting glass
- Bike tour
- Sales tax included in price
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Private tour
- Round-trip train transportation
Exclusions for Private Hudson Valley Craft Brewery Bike Tour With Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 21 years old
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking, if required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Appropriate attire for bicycle riding should be worn, including shoes or sandals that strap firmly to the foot. No flip-flops!
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Sopranos Sites Tour
- Gossip Girl Sites Tour
- New York City Airport Luxury Departure Transfer
- Private Economy Arrival Transfer: New York Airports to Manhattan Hotels
- Private Economy Departure Transfer: Manhattan Hotels to New York Airports
- New York City Original Rock 'n' Roll Walking Tour
- Private New York City Transfer: Cruise Port to Airport
- Paint New York Icon and Exhibit