Private Hudson Valley Winery And Distillery Bike Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy this 10-hour private tour with a bike ride in the Hudson Valley, one of the most spectacular regions for both scenery and artisan food and wine. Leave New York City behind by train and meet your guide inÂ Poughkeepsie to begin your ride with stops at three local distilleries and wineries. This tour includes lunch, bikes and necessary equipment, and tastings.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Round-trip train fares
Know More about this tour
Take the Metro-North Hudson Line train from Grand Central Terminal to Poughkeepsie (rail fare included) and meet your guide at the station with your bikes, ready to start you the day's journey. The recommended train leaves Grand Central at about 8:48am. You can stow your belongings in a support van as well as have a snack including energy bars, fruit, and water before embarking on this tour.
Once the ride begins, itâs a 15.5 mile (25km) ride to the first stop at Gardiner Liquid Mercantile. Receive an overview of the regionâs wine, spirit, and cider industry along with a sampling of a few local ciders paired with a lunch that is expertly prepared usingÂ food that is produced locally, including farms that you will have just ridden through.
From there, itâs an additional 1.8 milesÂ (2.9km) to the second stop at Tuthilltown Spirits, where you can take a tour of the distillery and have a tasting of their excellent whisky.
Travel 2.6 miles (4.1km) more to the third and final stop, Whitecliff Vineyard and Winery. Approach the winery using local roads with beautiful views of the Shawgunk Ridge.
Take your time and enjoy each stop. After you are done at the winery, a shuttle will transport your group back to theÂ Poughkeepsie Train Station for the ride back to New York City. Exact train times cannot be guaranteed. However, trains leave hourly and take approximately two hours to reach Grand Central.
While goingÂ through the various stops on this tour, guides will transport any wines or spirits that have been purchased in a support vehicle so they don't have to be carried on the bike while riding. Return to your departure point at approximately 7pm.
Inclusions for Private Hudson Valley Winery And Distillery Bike Tour
- Wine, cider, and spirits tastings
- Souvenir tasting glass
- Sales tax included in price
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Private tour
- Round-trip train tickets
Exclusions for Private Hudson Valley Winery And Distillery Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 21 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking, if required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Not wheelchair accessible
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.