Private Hungarian Wine Tasting Tour Of Budapest
OverviewOur wine tasting tours involve a convenient amount of culture which is approached through the popular and easy to digest world of gastronomy. More for the pampering of your taste buds than for intoxicating your brain, this tour offers the very height of that best kept secret of Central Europe: the rich world of Hungarian wines! One of the best ways to experience the country's culinary culture and the traditions that go with it is with a wine tasting in Budapest with many different international strains that have centuries old traditions here (like pinot noir and grigio, chardonnay, riesling, and a whole host of others), and many of our own (like furmint, aszú, bikavér, cserszegi fszeres, etc.). If you are looking for a wine tasting holiday, Budapest is the perfect city; close enough culturally that all of the major European wines can be had (French, Italian, etc.), far enough that our own wine is well established, and very affordable at that.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your central Budapest hotel (select hotels only) or a pre-agreed central location. Then, set off to discover the world of Hungarian wines as your guide explains the countrys ancient wine-growing heritage.
Hear about famous Hungarian varieties like bikaver, also called Bulls Blood, asz sweet wine, and furmint, all from the Tokaj wine region, and learn about the international grape strains cultivated here, like riesling and chardonnay.
As you walk, stop to see some of Budapests landmarks. Stroll along UNESCO-listed Andrssy Avenue past the Hungarian State Opera House, and admireGozsdu Courtyard, once the heart of the Jewish quarter.
Enjoy three further tastings of red, white, and ros wines at a third bar, and another three at the fourth bar, this time paired with some more delicious Hungarian delicacies. Spend about 45 minutes at each bar, and after about fourhours of talking and tasting.
Inclusions for Private Hungarian Wine Tasting Tour Of Budapest
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Local guide
- Wine tastings
Exclusions for Private Hungarian Wine Tasting Tour Of Budapest
- Entrance fees
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Eger Wine Country Day Trip from Budapest
- Budapest Super Saver: Private Entrance to Szchenyi Spa with Optional Massage plus Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Budapest Private Plane to Lake Hvz
- Private Day Trip to Lake Balaton from Budapest
- Private Danube Bend Day Trip from Budapest
- Budapest Walking Tour: Buda Castle District Including Fisherman's Bastion