Private Huxian Cultural Tour And Farmers' Paintings Discovery From Xi'an - XianWrite a Review
From USD 85
OverviewIf you are interested in folk art, a journey to Huxian is absolutely the best choice. On this 8-hour guided cultural tour, enjoy a day in Huxian County, the home of Farmers' Paintings in China. See the locals' art works and watch them create pieces right before your eyes. Visit a local peasant's family and explore the village to experience rural life. Perhaps you may want to try your hands on painting or Chinese paper cutting. Complimentary hotel pickup, drop-off, and entrance fees are included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourHuxian County is located 25 miles (40 kilometers) southwest from downtown Xi'an. Your tour guide and driver will pick you up at 9am from your downtown Xi'an hotel and drive for approximately 1 hour to reach East Han (Dong Han Village). Upon arrival, browse the Farmer Painting Studio and Paper Cutting Arts Studio where the local peasants will show you their work of art and begin to paint in your presence. You will notice realistic depictions of life, bold and rich colors, and the similarities in spirit from Huxian Peasant Paintings.
These peasant paintings contain rich regional characteristics and reflect the spirit of time and, of course, enjoy popularity all of their own. The style of these artworks is clear and simply sketched with the use of strong contrast in colors. You could perceive that life is primitive yet full of joy from these attractive paintings. Depending on your level of interest in these local arts, you may try to paint and/or try Chinese paper cutting.
Next, visit a local peasant' family's home where you could enjoy local dishes for lunch at your own expense. Local peasants are famous for their warm hospitality to guests from all over the world. Take some time to explore the village and meet with the locals to immerse yourself in rural life of China. Upon completion of your visit at a peasant home, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Xi'an where this private day tour is concluded.
Inclusions for Private Huxian Cultural Tour And Farmers' Paintings Discovery From Xi'an
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed professional driver
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Huxian Cultural Tour And Farmers' Paintings Discovery From Xi'an
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.