Private Kanheri Caves Tour - MumbaiWrite a Review
You will visit the Kanheri Caves comprising of viharas (monasteries), chaityas (halls) and dwellings and were used by Buddhist monks between the 1st century BC and 10th century AD as part of a monastic university complex.
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at 9am at your hotel in Mumbai, a private car and driver takes you and your guide on the TK TIME trip to Kanheri Caves passing through the green forests of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Located 3.5 miles (6 km) inside the park, the Kanheri Caves areÂ a group of more than 100 man made caves created between the 1st century BC and the 10th century AD.
The word Kanheri is derived from the Sanskrit word Krishnagiri which means Black Mountain. Explore the caves, which were created by chiseling intoÂ basalt rock, to see how they were used and decorated by Buddhist monks. Don't miss the Buddhist shrine, called a stupa, in one of the caves before returning to Mumbai private car, arriving at your hotel around 2pm.
Inclusions for Private Kanheri Caves Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance Fees
- Private car and driver
Exclusions for Private Kanheri Caves Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.