Private Khajuraho Tour From Delhi By Round Trip Overnight TrainWrite a Review
OverviewSee the historical city of Khajuraho on this private 2-night train tour from Delhi. Khajuraho is known for its ancient temple monuments built between 950 to 1050 AD. Khajuraho's group of monuments are a UNESCO World Heritage site and are believed to have contained over 75 temples, of which 22 remain today. The temples are unique due to their architecture and the symbolic erotic sculptures adorning their walls. On this round trip train tour you will take an overnight train from Delhi to Khajuraho on the first night, and then another overnight train from Khajuraho back to Delhi on the second night.
- Rail Tour
- Multi-Day Trip
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Delhi – Khajuraho (Overnight Train) - (D)
Pickup from your Delhi hotel and transfer to the railway station to board the overnight train to Khajuraho. Overnight on the train.
Accommodation: Overnight on the sleeper train
Day 2: Khajuraho Sightseeing - Delhi (Overnight Train) - (B, L, D)
As per the train schedule, arrive at the Khajuraho railway station the next day - you will be assisted and transferred to a hotel (3-star: Hotel Usha Bundela/GW Greenwood) to wash up and change clothes. Later you will head to a local restaurant for refreshments and breakfast.
After that, head out on a sightseeing tour of Khajuraho and visit the eastern, western and southern group of temples. Khajuraho, home to the most famous of India’s temples on account of their remarkable erotic sculptures, lies in a rich, well watered plain. The temples of Khajuraho are India’s unique gift to the world, representing a paean to life of love and joy; perfect in execution and sublime in expression.
Khajuraho temples were built in one hundred years, from 950 to 1050 AD. Only 22 of the 85 original temples have survived the ravages of time. Each temple stands on a high platform. There are three main parts in each temple, the entrance (ardhamandapa), assembly hall (mandapa) and sanctum (garbha griha). Visit temples including the Kandariya Mahadev Temple, Lakshmana Temple, and Devi Jagdamba Temple.
The Khajuraho temples are made of sandstone. The builders didn't use mortar, the stones were rather put together with mortise and tenon joints and they were held in place by gravity. This form of construction requires very precise joints. The columns and architraves were built with megaliths that weighed up to 20 tons. Today, the temples serve as fine examples of Indian architectural styles that have gained popularity due to their explicit depiction of sexual life during medieval times. Locals living in the Khajuraho village always knew about and kept up the temples as best as they could. They were pointed out to an Englishman in late 19th century but the jungles had taken a toll on all the monuments.
Also visit either the State Museum of Tribal and Folk Art (closed on Mondays) or the Archaeological Museum (closed on Fridays). These museums are a treasure trove of local arts and crafts.
Later transfer to railway station to board train for Delhi.
Accommodation: Overnight on the sleeper train
Day 3: Arrive in Delhi
On arrival at Delhi railway station you will be assisted and transferred to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Khajuraho Tour From Delhi By Round Trip Overnight Train
- Entrance fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Private guide
- 2-night accommodation on the overnight sleeper train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Khajuraho Tour From Delhi By Round Trip Overnight Train
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Train timings and schedule are subject to change - If the train is running late, the tour might be modified accordingly
Train travel will be in air-conditioned coach
Visit included to either the State Museum of Tribal and Folk Art (closed on Mondays) or the Archaeological Museum (closed on Fridays). Please advise your preference at the time of booking
Group discount is available for group sizes of 2+ and 4+
A maximum of 6 people per booking is allowed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Tour: Day Trip To Agra From Delhi Including Taj Mahal And Agra Fort
- Private Walking Tour: South Delhi Heritage Including Qutub Minar And Mehrauli Archaeological Park
- Red Fort Sound And Light Show In Delhi With Dinner And Private Transfer
- Private Walking Tour: Old Delhi Including Ancient Havelis And Chandni Chowk
- 3-Day Delhi To Pilgrim Varanasi Tour From New Delhi
- 5-Day Golden Triangle Tour With Luxury In Budget
- India Golden Triangle Tours 6 Day With Private Budget
- Golden Triangle With Mumbai And Goa - 9 Day
- Delhi 5-Hour Hands-on Cooking Class With Meal
- City Tour Of Delhi