Private Kuala Lumpur Heritage Walking Tour
OverviewIf only walls could talk-imagine the tales it would share. This tour takes one through the oldest Chinese settlements in Kuala lumpur Chinatown. Listen to interesting stories of how Chinatown obtained bricks from the British administration to- the existence of a Hindu temple in the middle of Chinatown. Walk through the city, passing through the old market square and ending at the independence square and listen to the stories and tales of old.
Know More about this tour
Start your 3-hour heritage walking tour with hotel pickup by a private transportation within central Kuala Lumpur. Your walking tour start at Chinatown with your private guide for an introduction to its three parallel streets, best known for street food and places of worship. It is a place where the hustling and bustling never comes to an end. Petaling Street (Chinatown) is the shoppers' paradise if you want to bargain your way to some cheap things .
Move on to Sri Mahamariamman Hindu Temple, Rising almost 23m above this lively temple is a tower colourfully decorated with Hindu gods. Founded in 1873, this Hindu temple is thought to be oldest in Malaysia. Decorated in South Indian style.
Next Visit is Sin Sze Ya Temple, Kuala Lumpur's oldest Chinese temple (1864) was built on the instructions of Kapitan Yap Ah Loy and is dedicated to Sin Sze Ya and Si Sze Ya, two Chinese deities believed instrumental in Yap's ascension to Kapitan status. Several beautiful objects decorate the temple, including two hanging carved panels, but the best feature is the almost frontier-like atmosphere.
Walk through Meeting point of two rivers (Gombak and Klang rivers).
A photo stop at Jamek Mosque, Gracefully designed by British architect AB Hubback, this onion-domed mosque borrows Mogul and Moorish styles with its brick-and-plaster banded minarets and three shapely domes.
Lastly visit Independence Square, The huge open square where Malaysian independence was declared in 1957 is ringed by heritage buildings. It has an enormous flagpole and a fluttering Malaysian flag. In the British era, the square was used as a cricket pitch and called the Padang (field).
Our guide will drop off you by private transportation at your hotel within kualal lumpur city.
Inclusions for Private Kuala Lumpur Heritage Walking Tour
- Hotel Pick up and drop by private transportation
- Private English Speaking Guide
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
Exclusions for Private Kuala Lumpur Heritage Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food, beverage and lunch
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- KL Tower Observation Deck Admission Ticket
- Private Putrajaya Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Private Tour: Kuala Lumpur Grand Full-Day Tour including Lunch
- Kuala Lumpur By Night Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Airport Transfer Taxi & Van Service
- Thrills & Spills, Sounds & lights, Adventure Runs or leisurely Walks at i-city Shah Alam
- LEGOLAND Malaysia Admission Ticket with Transfer from Kuala Lumpur city
- 2 hour Small Group Segway Tour of Perdana Botanical Gardens