Private Last Minute Tour Of Rome's Squares
OverviewEnjoy a private tour to discover and admire Rome's most important squares. Explore with your local guide the worldwide famous Piazza di Spagna, the Trevi Fountain and Rome's other impressive and wonderful "piazze".
Know More about this tourOne of the main element that makes Rome famous all over the world is represented by its wonderful squares, or "piazze". Enjoy a unique experience visiting them through a private walking tour lead by an expert local guide.
The tour begins in Piazza di Spagna, a masterpiece of the XVIII century. The square, with its irregular shape, extends to the feet of Pincio hill; on top of it the French Church Trinita dei Monti (1502) is located. The area around Piazza di Spagna is where you can find the most prestigious shops such as Prada, Valentino and Gucci. It is an ideal starting point for your shopping in Rome!
From the Spanish Steps the tour continues with a short walk of about 400 metres to reach the famous Trevi Fountain. It is a huge baroque confection of thrashing mer-horses, splashing water, and striding Tritons presided over by a muscular Neptune. Before leaving, throw a coin in the fountain: this ensures your return to the "Eternal City"!
A short walk from the Trevi Fountain you will find Piazza Montecitorio. In the center of the square stands Obelisk of Montecitorio, originally from Heliopolis in Egypt, dating back to the 6th century BC.
After this stop, you'll continue then to the Pantheon, a building of ancient Rome, built as a temple to all the gods of Olympus. As you're inside, look up: the great hole at the top of the dome is almost nine feet in diameter and is the only source of light inside and symbolizes the sun.
The tour will continue to Piazza Navona which in Ancient Rome was the Stadium of Domitian, built by Emperor Domitian in 85 AD to accommodate the athletic games. Piazza Navona is the pride of Baroque Rome, with architectural elements and sculptures by masters such as Gian Lorenzo Bernini, Francesco Borromini and Girolamo Rainaldi.
Your tour will end at Campo de' Fiori: since 1869 the square has been home to a colourful local market of groceries. It had previously hosted performances, horse racing and for centuries Campo de 'Fiori was the main stage for public executions!
Inclusions for Private Last Minute Tour Of Rome's Squares
- private tour
- expert guide
Exclusions for Private Last Minute Tour Of Rome's Squares
- hotel pickup and drop-off
- entrance to palaces/museums/etc. (this tour happens only outside)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children (0-4): free of charge
After checkout, you will receive the name and contact information of your guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome