Private Layover Tour Of Cultural Beijing With Silk Alley Market
OverviewTake this 8-hour cultural tour of Beijing as you wait for your departing flight. A private guide will meet you at the airport, then begin your layover tour with a trip to the Yonghe Lama Temple. Spend time at the Temple of Confucius, the Drum Tower, and Yandai Xiejie as well. Conclude your tour with some light shopping in the Silk Alley Market before your return to Beijing Capital International Airport.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Airport transfer
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourBegin your day with a pickup from the baggage claim area of the airport by a private guide. They will be holding a sign with the lead traveler's name printed on it as they await your arrival. Transfer directly to the Yonghe Lama Temple, the the largest lamasery in Beijing built during the Qing Dynasty. Spend time observing the beautiful architecture of over 300 years. Next, walk along the 700 year old east-west Chengxian Street, also known as Guozijian Street, where you will see the Temple of Confucius. It is the second largest temple constructed for Confucius, who is considered the greatest thinker and educator in ancient China.
Continue on your walk until you meet the Drum Tower, initially built in 1272, during the reign of Kublai Khan. On the second floor, there originally were 25 drums composed of one big drum and 24 smaller drums. There is now one big drum that rests in the entire tower that is beaten 4 times a day for 15 minutes at a time. Come the afternoon, walk through the famous Yandai Xiejie, well-known for sellers of long-stemmed pipes and whose shape is very much like a traditional Chinese tobacco pipe. Afterwards, head to the Silver Ingot Bridge, then later the typical hutongs of the Shichahai area. Spend time in the Silk Alley Market and enjoy leisurely shopping before making your return to the airport for your departure flight.
Inclusions for Private Layover Tour Of Cultural Beijing With Silk Alley Market
- Private tour
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Private Layover Tour Of Cultural Beijing With Silk Alley Market
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Hour Private Night Tour: Beijing Foodie Experience
- Private Transfer: Beijing Railway Station to Airport
- Beijing Private Transfer: Beijing Airport to Railway station
- Beijing Opera Show at Liyuan Theater with Transfer
- Small Group Day tour From Jiankou To Mutianyu Great Wall
- Private Day Tour: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou
- Private Hiking Day Tour: Yanqing Badaling Incomplete Great Wall
- Private Jinshanling to Simatai West Great Wall Hiking Tour from Beijing