Private Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour From Chengdu With High-speed Train Transfer
OverviewEnjoy this day trip from Chengdu and visit the Leshan Giant Buddha by high-speed train. You will walk down the ancient Red Sand Cliff Road to appreciate the 1300-year-old Leshan Giant Buddha. Apart from that you will also see the ancient Wuyou Temple and enjoy a delicious traditional lunch.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Once you are picked up by your guide at your Chengdu hotel, take metro or taxi to the modern Chengdu Train Station to catch the high-speed train to Leshan.
During the one-hour train ride, you can mingle with locals and enjoy the idyllic landscape of the Chengdu countryside, which changes throughout seasons - carpets of yellow rapeseed flowers in spring, the greenery of rice paddies at summer, or colorful harvesting in the autumn.
Once you arrive at Leshan, you will head to the Giant Buddha Park. The Leshan Giant Buddha is the biggest Buddha statue in the world a 71-meter (233 ft) tall stone statue, built during 713 AD-803 AD by the Tang Dynasty. It is carved out of a cliff face and lies at the confluence of three rivers in the Mount Emei Scenic Area.
Mount Emei and the Leshan Buddha were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996.
You will first climb 300 steps to the top of Lingyun Hill, a 20-30 minute journey. On the way, you will stop to see the Black Dragon Pond and many ancient stone carvings and Buddhist sculptures.
From the top of Lingyun Hill, you will view three rivers: Min, Qingyi and Dadu river as they come together and you can explore Buddhist sculptures and murals inside Lingyun Temple.
You will then descend along the red sand cliff road to view the phenomenal Leshan Giant Buddha from the bottom, and climb up at the opposite side of the hill.(Sometimes there is a long queue waiting to descend to the feet of Leshan Giant Buddha,in this case,we suggest you to skip the queue,our guide can take you to do river cruise to behold the panoramic view of Giant Buddha).
Then your guide will take you to less traveled path to visit the fishing village and 2000 years old grottoes before leaving Leshan Giant Buddha Heritage Park.
Tasty lunch in a local restaurant in the old quarter of Leshan city in included.
If time permit,your guide will also show you the neighborhood of old Leshan city before return to the train station for the relaxing high-speed train journey back to Chengdu.
You will return hotel around 5:30pm by metro or taxi.
Your guide will accompany you back to your hotel y metro or taxi.
Inclusions for Private Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour From Chengdu With High-speed Train Transfer
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee for Leshan giant Buddha
- Tasty lunch in authentic local restaurant
- Free hotel tour guide pickup and drop-off service with 3rd ring road.
- Private transportation from Leshan railway station -Leshan Giant Buddha-lunch place-railway station
- 2nd class comfortable Chengdu-Leshan round trip high-speed train tickets
- Metro&taxi fee from/to hotel-railway station
Exclusions for Private Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour From Chengdu With High-speed Train Transfer
- Private expenses
- River Cruise to view Leshan Giant Buddha(70rmb/person),according to the actual situation,if there was a long queue on the top to go down the foot of Giant Buddha, river cruise is recommended instead waiting for a long time on the top.
- Hotel pick-up&drop-off surcharge if the hotel is out of 3rd ring road
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please provide all travelers' names & passport numbers at time of booking for purchasing train tickets
Subject to availability of high speed train. If canceled due to no train ticket, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
During busy season, there might be a wait of more than an hour to go down to the foot of Giant Buddha. In this case, a river cruise is recommended (own expense).
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Chengdu Experience Tour including Giant Pandas and the Sanxingdui Museum
- Private 4-Day Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong National Parks Tour from Chengdu
- Chengdu Private Tour Of Giant Panda Breeding And Research Base and City Highlights With Lunch
- Private Overnight Guilin and Yangshuo Tour by Air from Chengdu
- Private Day Tour: Chengdu to Leshan and Luocheng by Train
- Private Chengdu Biking Exploration Day Tour