Private Lima City Tour With Larco Museum
OverviewSee the best sights of colonial and modern Lima, known as the City of the Kings, on this 5.5-hour private tour. You visit the city's architecture, squares, churches and catacombs and top-off the day with a visit to the famous Larco Museum. One of Lima's must see attractions, the museum holds an impressive collection of pre-Columbian art and it is the city's main archeological museum. End your tour by enjoying Lima's famous and delicious gastronomy at one of its most renowned restaurants. The tour includes private transport and guide.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- A la carte lunch included
Know More about this tourYour private tour starts in the morning with pickup from your hotel in Lima. Meet your driver and guide and board a private vehicle to head to colonial Lima and the first stop of the tour, San Martin Plaza. From there, you will walk through the busy and fascinating pedestrian-only Jirón de la Union, Union Street, which leads to Plaza de Armas, the main plaza in Lima. Learn from your knowledgeable guide about Union Street which was constructed in 1535 and still retains its old charm with a number of shops and restaurants set in a mixture of old and new buildings.
Arrive at Plaza de Armas and admire this gorgeous square surrounded by palaces. Continue your tour to the World Heritage Listed Monastery of San Francisco. A stunning 17th Century example of Spanish Baroque, the monastery is famous for its for its architecture and its convent library, which has approximately 25,000 important antique texts. Then, head to the Catacombs, Lima's first cemetery, which are hidden underneath the monastery. See the remains of some 70,000 burials by exploring narrow passages and looking down into deep pits, lined with mysterious bones and skulls.
After visiting the colonial part of Lima, you will head to the Larco Museum to admire one of the world’s largest collections of Peruvian pre-columbian art, including the museum's collection of pre-columbian erotic pottery. After your private cultural tour, you will be taken to Rosa Náutica Restaurant to enjoy some exquisite Peruvian cuisine. With your belly full and great memories from your tour, you will head back to your hotel and have the rest of the day to spend at your leisure.
Inclusions for Private Lima City Tour With Larco Museum
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All site and attraction entrance tickets
- All transfers and transportation in a private van
- Professional driver
Exclusions for Private Lima City Tour With Larco Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A small amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a jacket
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Important: Pickup and drop-off is only included from hotels in the Lima city center (pickup and drop-off from/to the Lima airport or the Callao port is not included and will cause an additional cost)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.