OverviewLuang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage city, is an outstanding example of the fusion of Lao traditional architecture and its urban structure built by the European colonial authorities in the 19 century. Luang Prabangs unique and remarkably well-preserved towns-cape illustrates a key stage in the blending of these two distinct cultural traditions. Book this full-day tour to visit some of the most popular attractions in Luang Prabang, such as the National Museum as well as impressive temples including Vat Visoun, Vat Aham, Vat Xieng Thong and Wat Mai. Also visit the local Night Market and enjoy a spectacular sunset view over the Mekong River.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour guide and driver will be picked up at your hotel in Luang Prabang at 8:30 am and then proceed to the National Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts. If you are traveling on Tuesday, the National Museum closes on Tuesday and instead you will visit the Arts and Ethnology Centre which will provide you with further insight into the ethnic mix and culture of Laos.
Then enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. Today, we also visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun, and the shrine of Wat Aham. Around noon have lunch by your own arrangement.
Later visit the weaving villages of Ban Xiengkhong and Ban Xienglek followed by a visit to the Wat Mai back to the city. Then you can climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic view of the city at sunset and the Mekong River. The tour ends after a visit to the famous Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of handmade textiles made by local and hill-tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. You will be transferred back to your hotel when the tour ends.
Inclusions for Private Luang Prabang City Day Tour
- Admission fee as per itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- 1 bottle of drinking water per person
- Government tax and service charge
Exclusions for Private Luang Prabang City Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Group discount is available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Full-Day Nam Khan River Kayaking And Tad Sae Waterfall Tour From Luang Prabang
- Luang Prabang Local Life Full-Day Small Group Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: From Hotel In Luang Prabang To Airport
- Full Day Luang Prabang Heritage
- Private Tour: Cultural Experience In Luang Prabang
- Explore Luang Prabang Backroads Biking Tour
- Guided Exploring Luang Prabang Full-Day Tour
- Lao Cooking Class In Luang Prabang
- Pak Ou Caves And Kuang Si Fall Day Tour