Private Mahjong Lesson - ChengduWrite a Review
From USD 17.33
OverviewLearn to play mahjong in the country where the popular game started during this private lesson. A favorite pastime in Chengdu, mahjong is an important social activity for all ages. With an instructor-guide, you'll visit a local teahouse to learn the rules of the game. After practicing, you can try playing a round with some Chengdu locals at the teahouse. Choose either a morning or afternoon lesson to suit your schedule. Includes one cup of tea.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourMahjong is considered the most popular leisure activity in Chengdu, more important than other pastimes such as badminton and ping-pong. Around town, people of all ages play the game in parks, teahouses and public squares. Friends and family chat over the tables while business people often negotiate deals.
Your experience starts at your Chengdu hotel, where you'll meet your private guide who accompanies you by metro or taxi to a local teahouse near the Jinjiang River.
After getting seated with a cup of tea, your guide sets up the mahjong game and begins your private lesson on how to play. Mahjong has some similarities to the card game rummy, in that it requires skill, strategy, memory and luck. Learn the rules and practice basic skills with your guide, and then you have a chance to play a game with the locals at the teahouse, if youd like.
At the end of your lesson, your guide will help you get a taxi back to your hotel or next destination (own expense).
Inclusions for Private Mahjong Lesson
- Private guide
- One cup of tea
- Mahjong rental fee
- Hotel pickup
- Taxi or metro fare from your hotel to the tea house
Exclusions for Private Mahjong Lesson
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under the age of 5 years are free of charge
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.