This full-day private tour from Ho Chi Minh City combines visits to the Cu Chi tunnels Cu Chi tunnels and the Mekong Delta. You will experience Vietnam’s wartime history as well as modern day life in the agricultural region at the mouth of the mighty Mekong River.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourPick-up will commence from your Ho Chi Minh City hotel in the early morning, and you’ll travel with your English-speaking guide to the Cu Chi tunnels. The drive is around 60 km. At Cu Chi you’ll be shown a documentary film about the tunnels and learn how the locals made bamboo traps, rice-paper and rice-wine. You’ll then have the opportunity to explore the web of underground tunnels dug by Vietnamese resistance fighters.
After exploring the tunnels, drive to My Tho. This is one of the provinces that comprise the Mekong Delta area. Cruise by boat along the upper Mekong through a region with islands named after 4 animals that appear in Buddhist writings – Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Turtle. On this part of the tour you’ll observe some of the activities of regional Vietnamese daily life and appreciate how life here depends on the River.
Afterwards your will take a trip by row boat along the small waterways. You’ll see the agricultural richness of the delta region in it's fruit orchards, coconut groves and bee-keeping farms. Stop to enjoy honey tea, seasonal fruit, fresh coconut candy and southern Vietnamese folk music. At the end of our tour, drive back to Ho Chi Minh City for a drop off at your hotel around 18:00.
Inclusions for Private Mekong Delta And Cu Chi Tunnels Full-Day Trip
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (HCMC District 1 only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned van/bus
Exclusions for Private Mekong Delta And Cu Chi Tunnels Full-Day Trip
- Fees for pickup outside of HCMC District 1
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not wheelchair accessible
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.