Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant And Exciting New German CapitalWrite a Review
From USD 384.06
OverviewThe mayor himself memorably labelled the city 'poor but sexy'. We explain how the unification of the communist East with the capitalist West has produced a diverse, vibrant and exciting new German capital. If you want to get a sense of the true face of the city today, beyond the tourist trail, then come with us on a tour of four very different Berlin neighborhoods. You will discover a city where gentrification is rife, alternative culture is thriving, immigration and assimilation are adding diversity and corporate culture is continually transforming the urban landscape.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourExplore the courtyards of Mitte, where the previously worn and neglected buildings were quickly restored to their former glory after the fall of the Berlin Wall. Now a hub of artistic culture, consumerism and IT start-ups, these labyrinthine passages provided the breeding ground for Berlin's post-unification cultural scene.
Visit trendy Prenzlauer Berg, scene of a demographic upheaval that has seen an influx of well-heeled and upwardly mobile young families. The tour chronicles the fundamental changes that have transformed this one-time working-class district into an area favored by dynamic entrepreneurs and young fashionistas. Visit the 'Kulturbrauerei', an old brewery complex which has been totally refurbished into a center for culture and the arts. Its transformation mirrors the metamorphosis that continues in East Berlin.
Experience the exciting alternative districts of Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg, where the traditional left-wing politics of the residents are coming under attack from new influences. You visit the East Side Gallery to discuss the origins and political message of Berlin's (in)famous street art scene. Walk over the iconic Oberbaumbrücke, which connects East and West Berlin and boasts spectacular views from both sides.
The tour ends with at one of the many weekly markets that dot the city. Enjoy fresh produce, authentic cuisine, Berlin artisans, local farmers and impromptu live music, truly a representation of city's diverse population.
Inclusions for Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant And Exciting New German Capital
- Local, professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Public transportation passes
Exclusions for Private Modern Berlin Walking Tour: A Diverse, Vibrant And Exciting New German Capital
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Different departure times available; please select at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.