Private Montserrat And Penedes Day Tour Form Barcelona
OverviewDelve into Catalan traditions by visiting the mythical mountain of Montserrat and diving into the culture of the cava in Codornu's historic cellars.Your expert guide will pick you up at your hotel in a comfortable minivan and will assist you on this journey into the heart of Catalonia. He will also offer you a background history on the Catalan culture while you enjoy two of the most phenomenal sites of the region.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourIn the morning, you will drive 60km northwest of Barcelona, where Montserrat stands majestically - up to 4000 feet in height. The look of this rock mass, known for the whimsical shapes of its peaks soaring through the sky, is the result of a process of erosion over millions of years. In its ascent, you will discover the most mysteriously beautiful views of Catalonia.
In the mountain, 2380 feet above sea level and surrounded by this magnificent scenery, is located the Benedictine monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat. This visit includes the basilica, an authentic spiritual retreat center consisting of nearly a thousand years of history. It is also where you will find the Virgin of Montserrat - the "Black Madonna". According to legend, the virgin appeared in the IX century, giving rise the hermitage of Santa Maria and its worship for centuries. Patron and symbol of Catalonia, "Black Madonna" has been venerated into a XII century Romanesque carving which is characterized by its unique dark skin, hence the nickname as it is popularly known. After visiting the monastery, a walking tour of its surroundings will allow us to enjoy the unparalleled views of this privileged environment, which was declared a Natural Park in 1987. At the end of this tour, you will discover the Holy Cave, where according to legend, the virgin appeared, and has since been a center of pilgrimage and prayer.
To conclude this mystical visit, you will be delighted to listen to the angelic voices of La Escolania de Montserrat, one of the oldest boys' choirs in Europe.
In the afternoon we will head to the Penedes wine region, where you will visit a local cellar. There you will be able to taste the most international product of the region, the cava, a kind of sparkling wine. At the cellar you will discover the process of creating this wonderful drink and end the day with a tasting of diferent varieties.
Inclusions for Private Montserrat And Penedes Day Tour Form Barcelona
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional local guide
- Walking tour of the Natural Park of Montserrat
- Visit Monastery of Montserrat
- Children Choir of Montserrat (if available)
- Visit the birthplace of the Catalan sparkling wine, Cava.
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Montserrat And Penedes Day Tour Form Barcelona
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Ticket to the cellar visit and cava tasting (15 EUR aprox)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Talleres de Cocina Asitica
- Flamenco Show at Plaza de las Arenas in Barcelona
- Market to Table: Market Tour & Cooking Class
- Barcelona Romantic Sailing&Night Experience
- Casa Bacardi Sitges Admission Ticket
- Guided Tour at Barcelona's Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine
- Guided Tour at Requesens Palace