Yourprivate guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel. Say zdravstvuyte to Moscow which is as big as Luxembourg, and to Moscow Metro with its 200 stations, 44 of which are recognized as objects of historical and cultural heritage.
Timing is flexible and you can start the tour any time you prefer.
You will take a memorable metro ride with your private guide and see the oldest metro station, as well as the deepest, the longest, and, of course, the most beautiful: Komsomolskaya, Novoslobodskaya, Kieskaya, Belorusskaya, Prospekt Mira, Mayakovskaya, Revolution Square (Ploshad Revolutsii), Novokuznetskaya, Arbatskaya, Victory Park, Sparrow Hills, Slavic Boulevard, Kurskaya, Vystavochnaya, Rimskaya.
Moscow Metro system consists of 12 lines and well cover all of them on the tour! Take the same subway cars that operate in the countries of the former Soviet Union, as well as in Sofia, Budapest, Warsaw, Prague and Tehran.
Learn interesting facts and stories about the speed of trains, the distance between the stations, what are the busiest lines and get shocked how much it costs to build 1 km of the railway orsimply to rename the station.
Drop into a Moscow Metro museum if its open that day and see the relics of Metro which date back to1930s.
Finish the tour at your hotel, Novodevichy Convent, Sparrow Hills or any other spot you want.
This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you.Your private local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and discuss the tour itinerary with you at the beginning of the tour.
Highlights of the tour:
- Visit 10 or 15 must-see Metro stations
- Check the oldest metro station opened in 1935
- See the 76 bronze figuresdepicting Soviet heroes on Ploschad Revolutsii station
- Take pictures of insanely-elaborate metro stations and dontforget to rub the nose of the bronze dog and to look at the Soviet sky
- Listen to the stories about Metro-2 - a secret metro line that supposedly links the Kremlin with KGB. See unique Soviet-era dcor with marble, bronze, lavish mosaics, paintings, sculptures, stained glass
- Explore the underground treasures of Russian Soviet past
- Take a chance to catch nice Sparrow Hills views from Luzhniki Metro Bridge. The only Moscow metro station above the water
- If you are lucky,catch a uniqueAquarelle Train a wheeled painting exhibition, brilliantly painted with pictures of peony, chrysanthemums, daisies, sunflowers and every cart is exceptional
- Visit the Museum of Moscow Metro on a 3-hour metro tour
- See some of Stalin skyscrapers on a 3-hour tour
- Enjoy Russian traditional lunch at a cozy authentic cafeon a 3-hour tour
You may choose to finish the tour on Sparrow Hills to hunt down the spot where you can see all seven of Stalin sisters at once!