Private Moscow Walking Tour: Life In The Soviet TimesWrite a Review
OverviewOn this private 3.5-hour walking tour you are invited to experience first-hand what life in the Soviet Union was like. The stereotypes and stories about the life in the Soviet Union are overwhelming, funny and some are simply not true. You will be able to visit the most notable places of Soviet Moscow and also understand what it was like to be a regular Soviet citizen. From VDNKH to GUM you will see the life through the eyes of a Soviet.
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Your local guide will pick you up at your hotel and you will head to VDNKH, the famous exhibition of the National Economy. See the infamous monument “Rabochiy i Kolhoznitsa" (Worker and Kolkhoz women) which became to many the symbol of the Soviet Union. Your guide will explain the significance of this and other monuments that are located at VDNKh while you take a short stroll around and marvel at the various buildings of Soviet Architecture.
You will continue your tour by metro to the Central Moscow Library. During your metro ride the guide will convey the brief history of the metro and how the construction of the metro greatly affected the lives of millions of people all over Soviet Union. As you exit the metro you will walk around the main Moscow library and marvel at the busts of famous writers from all over the world. From the library you will head toward Christ the Savior Cathedral during this time your guide will give you a brief history of religion in Soviet Union and the remarkable story of this particular church.
Then, you will head to the Red Square where you will pass by the famous Four Season Hotel, a perfect example of Soviet architecture in the 1930's, continue toward the Bolshoi Theater, which after the revolution of 1917 became the main gathering location of the Communist Party.
Finally, you will continue your tour to the most famous Soviet store for children - Children's World (Detskiy Mir). Although, the building has been significantly remodeled since it first opened in 1957, you can still marvel at the magnitude of the store and the stark contrast between the store and the main KGB building that is just next door.
Your tour will end in GUM, the most famous Russian and Soviet store where the Russian and Soviet elites shop. At the end of the tour you will be invited for a lunch or dinner in the famous diner (Stolovka 57) that has great food and very moderate prices compared to what you could expect in such a luxurious location. If at the end of the tour you have any questions your guide will be happy to answer them and help you find your way to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Moscow Walking Tour: Life In The Soviet Times
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Moscow Walking Tour: Life In The Soviet Times
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Flexible departure time; please advise your preference at time of booking.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.