Private Mount Everest Base Camp Trek - Kathmandu
OverviewExperience this unbelievable 14 day trek to the base of Mount Everest! A complimentary airport pickup in included that will take you to your htoel, with two nights accommodation with breakfast. Your excursion begins when you are picked up from your hotel in at 6-10am depending on what time you choose and be on your way to adventure. You will walk through the diverse landscape of the Khumbu region and pass ethnic Sherpa villages. The trek escorts you to the base of the world's tallest peak- Mt. Everest (8848m), which offer the views of several 8000 meter peaks. Full board meals are included along the way, as well as lodging.
- All-inclusive tour
- Airport transfer
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
There is no doubt that Mount Everest captivates adventure lovers from around the world, and this trek serves to feed your adventurous appetite. The trek follows the footsteps of Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary and passes numerous Sherpa valleys that ultimately leads you to the bosom of Mt. Everest. The trail is bound up by the Sagarmatha National Park, which is a home of 8000 meter peaks. Passing the outstanding Sherpa valleys, you will get a chance to explore the Sherpa culture, hospitality and social lifestyle that are marvelous aspects of this trek. The trail is dominated by the rhododendron forest and some of the Himalayan fauna can be seen.
The Monasteries, Chhortens and Mani walls are common scenery along the trail of Everest base camp. The glacial moraine trail at the upper part makes the journey adventurous and you reach to the Everest base camp, where Everest climbers set camps and wait for the suitable weather to summit the peak. The views of magnificent Himalayas as Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Pumori, Amadablam and Thamserku can be explored. Acclimatization comes as a part of the Everest base camp trek to avoid altitude sickness.
The best seasons of the Everest base camp trek are March to May and September to November. The tour will conclude with a plane trip back to Kathmandu from the airport in Lukla.
Inclusions for Private Mount Everest Base Camp Trek
- Airport pick up/ drop and all ground transports in private vehicle
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.
- Round trip flight Kathmandu Lukla and Lukla Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag (if needed)
- Trekking map and trip achievement certificate.
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee.
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System
- Farewell dinner
- Government taxes & office service charge
Exclusions for Private Mount Everest Base Camp Trek
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring (2 copies of passport-size photos and cash for the Visa.)
- Extra night accommodation and meals in Kathmandu because of late departure or early return from the mountain due to any reason than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Not wheelchair accessible
It is important to be noted that the Kathmandu -Lukla - Kathmandu flights often gets delayed by hours or even gets cancelled for a day or few days due to unfavorable weather conditions in the mountain airstrip Lukla. Such unfavorable conditions may arise even during the best seasons including months October and November hence inis always better to prepare ahead. In such cases, you must be prepared for long waits either at Kathmandu or Lukla airports, as this can happen either at the start or at the end of the trek and sometime in both cases.
We will do our best to avoid such delays, and arrange the earliest next flight for you but it might not always work well as there are many people in que for days long. In case of emergencies and need of urgent flight, the Helicopter rescue can be another option to escape to and from the mountain, except for some bad weather the Helicopters always have easy excess in the mountains. This can be arranged upon your request with some additional cost which sometime is covered by your insurance as well. The Helicopter can be chartered from both the airports, Kathmandu and Lukla with the tentative cost of US$ 3000 per lift which at a time can accommodate maximum of 5 Person.
Having said this, we still suggest you to mentally prepare for possible delay/cancellations and arrange some extra contingency days which we can save for the end of the trip and if everything goes normal these days can be utilized for exploring other beautiful destinations around the valley as per your interest and we, the Adventure Bound is always there to provide you different options to utilize the days in best ways.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.