Private Nemunas River Delta Tour From Klaipeda - Klaipėda
OverviewDiscover the remote and tranquil region of land and water Nemunas River Delta on this 5-hour private tour from Klaipeda. Meet the local culture of tough fishermen and farmers living in the rough but romantic environment. Learn about the migration of the birds at Vent Bird Ringing Station and enjoy the views over Curonian Lagoon. Walk the trail on the world famous bog in Auktumala and visit one of the bizarre swamp colonies. Explore cozy town of Rusn on Lithuanias only inhabited island and take a selfie at the Russian border. This is a half day trip with a full range of impressions.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Start your trip at your hotel in Klaipda. Your local guide will pick you up from the hotel, port or any other convenient location. After about 45 minutes drive you will reach Nemunas River Delta and its Nature Park. Lithuanias major river Nemunas meets Curonian Lagoon here and splits into multiple branches creating a paradise for fishermen, birds and romantic seekers.
Visit one of Europes largest bird ringing stations in Vent and learn more about migration of the birds and local species. Enjoy breathtaking views over Curonian Lagoon from the top of the old lighthouse dated back to 19th century. Next stop is at the Auktumala Bog, which became famous as the worlds first scientifically studied and described raised bog thanks to German scientist C.A. Weber (1902).
Take a walk on the trail right to the middle of the swamp and get an impression of the pristine natural landscape. Marshy wetlands of the Nemunas River Delta is also a home of some bizarre swamp colonies and you will visit one of them on the way to Rusn. Lithuanias only inhabited island Rusn is yet to be discovered and you can still enjoy its tranquil atmosphere while walking on the cozy river promenade and discovering traditional wooden houses until you reach the border - Russian Federation is just over the river here. Make sure to find out why the statue of Mahatma Gandhi is standing here on the bank of Nemunas River before heading back to Klaipda.
Inclusions for Private Nemunas River Delta Tour From Klaipeda
English/German/Russian/Lithuanian speaking guide
Transport by air-conditioned van
Hotel pickup and drop off (Klaipeda)
Exclusions for Private Nemunas River Delta Tour From Klaipeda
Entrance fees (optional, no fees as per program)
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Please advise your preferred departure time at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.