Private North York Moors And Whitby Day Trip From LeedsWrite a Review
OverviewTake a day out from Leeds on your own private guided North York Moors and Whitby Day Trip for up to 15 people. Visit Captain Cook Museum, the market town of Helmsley, the village of Goathland (Heartbeat and Harry Potter filming location) and the fishing port of Whitby. See Whitby Abbey (inspiration for the Dracula books) and the Kilburn White Horse. Shop for some Whitby Jet or Gothic Fashion. Sample fish and chips from the famous Magpie Cafe.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up at 8.30am from your choice of location in Leeds forthis guided day trip to explore the scenic and picturesque North York Moors National Park & the seaside town of Whitby.You will have a comfortable minicoach with air-conditioning and a driver/guide exclusively for your group.
You will leave Leeds and head straight to the North York Moors National Park for the first stop in the picturesque market town of Helmsley, where you will have 45 minutes free time to view the medieval castle, explore the quaint shops or just have a leisurely Yorkshire Brew in one of the cafes - the choice is yours!
On leaving Helmsley you will head up over the North York Moors for some photo stops, passing the 16th century Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge (the highest point on the moors) and Ralph's Cross, then through the quaint and picturesque Yorkshire villages that lead down into Whitby. As you arrive in Whitby, you will hear stories about the seaside town's history and your guide will tell you about the main places of interest that you may want to visit.
You will have two hours free time in Whitby to view Whitby Abbey (inspiration for the Dracula books), visit the Captain Cook Museum, enjoy the beach, waterfront and fishing port, shop for some Whitby Jet or Gothic fashion or just sample the famous Fish 'n' Chips at the Magpie Cafe - the choice is yours!
From Whitby, you can either continue the tour by road in the minicoach or, if you prefer, some or all of your group can spend a little less time in Whitby and take the optional 45-minute moorland steam train journey from Whitby to Goathland on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. This option is paid locally on the day at a discounted rate and there is no need to book ahead, your guide will advise you how to purchase tickets and meet you off the train at Goathland Station ("Hogsmeade" in the Harry Potter movies).
On arrival in Goathland, by whichever means you choose, you will see the Station where Hogsmeade was filmed, then explore the picture-postcard village itself to see the filming locations that were used for "Aidensfield" in the Heartbeat television series.
After leaving Goathland, you will have a couple more photo stops as you learn the history behind the mysterious RAF Fylingdales Pyramid on Snod Hill and see the Hole of Horcum, before heading back to Leeds.
You will arrive back in Leeds at approximately 6.00pm but should not book onward travel too close to the arrival time just in case of traffic problems.
Please note: The North Yorkshire Moors steam railway operates from April to October only. From November to March, the tour will include a slightly longer stay in Whitby before heading straight to Goathland.
Inclusions for Private North York Moors And Whitby Day Trip From Leeds
- Private tour just for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minicoach
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
Exclusions for Private North York Moors And Whitby Day Trip From Leeds
- Train fares for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway option
- Entrance fees to other optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 4 years
Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Some visitor attractions, including the NY Moors Railway, close from November to March. During this period, the optional train ride is not available and, if weather/road conditions are adverse, the tour may have to follow a different route/itinerary
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.