Private Old And New Delhi Day Tour
OverviewDiscover diversity of Old and New Delhi on this day tour, that takes you from the spacious planned street of New Delhi to the action-packed lanes and alley ways of Old Delhi. Travel in the comfort of your private air-conditioned chauffeured vehicle as your expert guide helps you to uncover the highlights of India's bustling capital.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Excellent value for money
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at 9:30am from your hotel in Delhi for this day tour of both Old and New Delhi. Start by visiting Raj Ghat, the place where Mahatma Gandhi, the pioneer of truth and non-violence had been cremated. Then, continue to the country's largest mosque, Jama Masjid built in 1656, where thousands of Muslims offer prayers daily. The great mosque of Old Delhi is an architectural extravagance that belonged to Shah Jahan, with a courtyard capable of holding 25,000 devotees.
Later, enjoy rikshaw ride at Chandni Chowk . It will give you an opportunity to see a different prospective of Chandni Chowk, one of the favorite shopping avenues of Delhi. Then, you will make a stop for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, continue to New Delhi and visit Humayun's Tomb, built in the middle 16th century by Haji Begum, senior wife of Humayun, the second Mughal emperor. It is an early example of Mughal architecture. A rose petal sandstone mausoleum built in proper Mughal style is a beautiful memorial to the poet king. Visit 72.5-meter (237 feet) high Qutub Minar, which stands as a memory of Muslim king Qutb-ud-din-Aibak's victory over India. Next, visit one of the most notable holistic sites of New Delhi, the Laxmi Narayan Temple which is devoted to Hindu god and goddess - Vishnu and Laxmi. The temple, also known as Birla Temple. After that, you will see the national monument of India, India gate constructed in memory of 90,000 soldiers of British-Indian army who fought in the World War II.
End your tour with a visit to the President House, the official residence of President of India, It served as residence to the former British Viceroy of India till 1950. Explore the magnificent structure, the finest example of Indo-British architectural monument, which has caught attention of thousands of tourist all over the world. After the tour is over you will be transferred back to your hotel in Delhi.
Inclusions for Private Old And New Delhi Day Tour
- Professional English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- All taxes, driver allowances, parking.
- All entrance fees
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk- Delhi
Exclusions for Private Old And New Delhi Day Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.