OverviewThis tour visits two amazing Inca ruins in the Sacred Valley: Ollantaytambo and Pisac .You will have a private guided tour of these sites and will learn a tremendous amount about Inca history while taking in majestic views of the Sacred Valley. We will then visit a local farm where we will taste local fruits and vegetables fresh from the land and feed the guinea pigs that are keptÂ in almost every local house as a source of heat and food. Following a picnic lunch at the farm, you will have a guided tour ofÂ a local non-touristic market in Urubamba to see how the locals sell their produce and other goods. Finally, we will visit the terraced ruins at Pisac and learn about this amazing religious, astronomical and military site.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Pick up at 8:30am atÂ your hotel in Ollantaytambo or Cusco by private transport, we will visit the Inca ruins at Ollantaytambo, which was the lodging of the Inca emperor Pachacutec and later served as a military checkpoint for the Incas trying to protect the roads to Machu Picchu from the invading Spaniards. Enjoy a guided tour of the terraced ruins, fountains and aqueducts and see storage houses that were used by the Incas to maximize winds to keep crops cool and preserved. We will then have time to wander the streets of one of the oldest towns in Peru, where many 15th century Inca buildings still stand today.Â
We will then drive 20 minutes to the town of Yanahuara where we will visit to a farm in the Sacred Valley, where we will tour the farm lands, cut alfalfa to feed the guinea pigs, and see first hand how chicha is made. This will be followed by a private gourmet picnic lunch prepared by our chef and will feature local organic produce, including some of our own crops. Enjoy a leisurely lunch outside while overlooking the Sacred Valley . After lunch, we will go to the local authentic non-tourist market in Urubamba. Here we will see local families selling things such as fruits, vegetables, flowers and natural medicinal plants. Your guide will give your a tour of the market and you can taste Peruvian fruits and foods such as passion fruit, lucuma,Â and chirimoya. We will also learn about the ingredients needed to make chicha, a corn beer that has been an important part of Peruvian culture since Inca times.Â
Then we will drive one hour to the majestic ruins at Pisac where we will visit terraced Inca ruins that are situated high on a mountain. From here, we will climb to the top of the ruins and take in amazing views of the Sacred Valley Your guide will teach you about the religious, astronomical and military functions of the site and see the terraces that allowed the Incas to grow food above 11,000 feet. After visiting the Inca ruins, there will be a chance to hike on a little known, seldom used original Inca trail and through a tunnel that was build by the Incas. One of the largest Inca cemeteries is also located in the ruins at Pisac and we can tour this part of the site as well.Â Â
We will conclude the tour with a trip to Pisac handicraft market in the town to browse such things such as ceramics, jewelry, and weaving. Return to your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley by private transport.
Inclusions for Private Ollantaytambo And Pisac Ruins Tour Including Farm Visit And Picnic Lunch
- Food tasting
- Private transport
- Local professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Ollantaytambo And Pisac Ruins Tour Including Farm Visit And Picnic Lunch
- Entrance fees (requires purchase of Boleto Turistico for entrance into Ollantaytambo and Pisac ruins (130 soles-$37 covers entrance to Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Moray, multiple museums in Cusco, and Sacsayhuaman or 1/2 ticket: 70 soles--$23 which covers only some of these sites)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved with some stairs to climb at Ollantaytambo
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.