Private One-day Tour From Urumqi To TurpanWrite a Review
OverviewTake a three hours ride from Urumqi to Turpan to explore the wonderful basin with well-preserved ancient cities, Karez Irrigation System, and Emein Minaret...etc. This is a perfect day tour for those who love the history of ancient Silk Road!
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAt 9 o'clock in the morning, your guide will pick you up at the lobby of your centrally located hotel in Urumqi. Then, you will take a 3-hour ride in a private vehicle from Urumqi to Turpan. On the way, you will see windmill farms, saltwater lakes, and valley of Tianshan. After arriving in Turpan, visit Bezklik Thousand Buddha Caves, which is an abandoned site that has ruins of frescoand statues from 15th century.
Next, you will go to Astana Tombs where was a public cemetery from 1,000 years ago for the citizens of Gaochang Kingdom. From there, you will have an opportunity to see amazing mausoleum paintings inthree tombs. Afterwards, you will go to ancient city ruin of Gaochang which was one of the most renowned kingdom along the Silk Road in the history. You can wander around to visit temples, stupas, city walls...etc among the ruin.
Lunch will be provided in the yard of a local Uyghur house. Later, before you head back to Urumqi, you will learn why Turpan could sustain itself in long history by visiting the Karez Irrigation System. After the irrigation system visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Urumqi where this wonderful day trip concludes.
Inclusions for Private One-day Tour From Urumqi To Turpan
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private One-day Tour From Urumqi To Turpan
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.