Private Oslo 6-Hour Walking Tour With Kon-Tiki Museum
OverviewDiscover the capital of Norway during this 6 hour tour from a different perspective! Experience a ride through the Tunnel of Light an artistic display of color and sound which you can contemplate inside the subway in Oslo. Once you are in Nydalen, start your refreshing stroll along the river Akerselva where you will enjoy scenic landscapes, historical buildings, waterfalls and recreational area. The Bygdy peninsula can boast with 5 museums, among which you will explore theKon-Tiki museumwhich is devoted to the same-name expedition. This enjoyable walking tour will help you to relish the Norwegian nature and surely not leave you unaffected!
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Together with your guide catch a subway train to Nydalen, the modern area of Oslo! The so-called Tunnel of Light will astonish you with its beautiful play of light and color once you are inside the metro station and will make you feel as though you are travelling in space and time. Kristin Jarmund, the designer of this station, has projected it with the purpose to distract subway passengers from the daily routine with impressive sound and light patterns.
In Nydalen get ready for a picturesque walk along the shore of the river Akerselva! Admire Norwegian woodland, waterfalls and scenic nature, discover historical buildings of Oslo, fishing and swimming areas where locals enjoy their pastime. After this 1 hour stroll your guide will lead you to the bus station where you catch a bus that will transfer you to the Bygdy peninsula.
Follow your private guide through one of the walking trails along Bygdy peninsula until you reach the Kon-Tiki Museum that is dedicated to the worlds prominent expedition of Thor Heyerdahl, the traveler, who crossed the Pacific Ocean on the balsawood raft Kon-Tiki in 1947. All the expedition items are preserved in this museum, including artifacts, original vessels and maps.
When you finish your tour, you will go back to the city center by ferry where you will either proceed exploring the city on your own or come back to the ship.
Inclusions for Private Oslo 6-Hour Walking Tour With Kon-Tiki Museum
- Professional tour guide for 6 hrs (please select your language)
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees to the Kon-Tiki Museum
- Day pass public transport tickets and one-way ferry tickets
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Private Oslo 6-Hour Walking Tour With Kon-Tiki Museum
- Additional entrance fees to museums not specified in the tour itinerary
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that the rates are higher for public holidays
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for families with small children
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3- Hour Kayak Tour on the Oslofjord
- 2- hour kayak trip on the Oslo Fjord
- Private Tour to Sognefjord, Gudvangen and the Flmsbana railway
- Oslo to Pulpit Rock - Mission Impossible 6 location trip
- Guided sightseeing trip in Lillehammer area
- 3-5 hours walking tour in Lillehammer area
- Shore Excursion: Oslo Highlights Tour with Viking Ship Museum and Vigeland Park
- Oslo SuperSaver: Must Sees meets Hipsters