Private Oslo Tour: City Views, Nature And Oscarsborg Fortress
OverviewEnjoy a full day tour in and around Oslo. Visit Oslo Opera House with a rooftop view of the city and the fjord. Experience the fantastic city view for the hillside at Ekeberg, above the city. Drive through the scenic nature and forest along the fjord. After a 30 minute drive you board a ferry to the Island and fortress Oscarsborg. Here you have the opportunity to learn the rich history of the fortress, especially the events that took place in the start of WWII. The nature on the island is also beautiful. After a light lunch, you return on the ferry and drive through the narrow streets and visit the town of Drbak. The home of the Norwegian Santa Claus. In the afternoon you return to Oslo center.
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourWelcome to a different sightseeing in and around Oslo.
We will take you on a full-day journey to experience some of the beautiful sights and nature around Oslo. This privatetour is limited to 6 people, to ensure a personalized and unique experience. First stop isOslo Opera House with a beautiful view the city and the fjord. We pass the new Oslo Barcode and drive up the hills towards Ekeberg, home of the world's largest football tournament for children and young adult, with a spectacular view of Oslo. Here we visit the Ekeberg Sculpture Park and enjoy some of the art pieces from Norwegian and international artists.
We will travel through the Norwegain landscape and forest, along the Oslofjord towards Drbak. Here wego on a short ferry tripto the fortress of Oscarsborg. The fortress played an important role in the start of World War II. Now everybody can enjoy the beautiful scenery on the small island, that also houses a hotel and 2 restaurants. Here is where we will enjoy our light lunch outside, if the weather permits. Back on the mainland we continue through small and narrow streets to Drbak center, the Norwegian home of Santa Claus. Here you can mail letters home with an official stamp of "Julenissen" (Santa Claus). We return to Oslo in the afternoon.
Oslo Opera House
The Oslo Opera House was completed in 2007 and is the home of The Norwegian National Opera and Ballet, and the national opera theater in Norway.
Ekeberg Sculpture Park
The park is large, with woods, established paths and art.
Oscarsborg Fortress is a coastal fortress in the Oslofjord, close to the small town of Drbak. The best known part is situated on two small islets. The main artillery batteries are on the island Hya and smaller batteries on the mainland to the west and east in the fjord and was military territory until 2003 when it was made a publicly available resort island. The fortress is best known for sinking the German heavy cruiser Blcher on 9 April 1940. Today one can visit the fortress by a short ferry trip from Drbak and is a popular island use both by locals and tourists as a recreation area.
The many old wooden houses together with shops, galleries, cafes and restaurants makes the old town Drbak unique and worth a visit. 200 years ago Drbak was an important exporter of ice and timber which made the business flourished and prosperous merchants laid the foundation for the city as we know it today. Visit Tregaardens Christmas House and Father Christmas' Post Office with its own special post stamp. It is possible you will be one of the few who sees the Norwegian Fjord-nisse.
Inclusions for Private Oslo Tour: City Views, Nature And Oscarsborg Fortress
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Oslo Tour: City Views, Nature And Oscarsborg Fortress
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- All-Inclusive Oslo City Tour: Viking Ship Museum, Vigeland Park, Polarship and Fram Museum or Kon-Tiki Museum
- Oslo Fjord Sightseeing Cruise
- City Views Nature and Fortress
- Private Shore Excursion: Best of Oslo Driving Tour
- Oslo Nature walks: Forest to Fjord
- Oslo Combo Tour: Grand City Tour and Oslo Fjord Cruise
- Oslo Small Group Walking Tour
- Kon-Tiki Museum Entrance Ticket