OverviewMeet the most precious animal in China and see the largest stone Buddha statue in the world. Take a bullet train between the Chengdu Panda Breeding Center and Leshan Giant Buddha to enjoy China's inland scenery.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Round-trip train fares
Know More about this tourYour guide will meet you at 7:30am at your Chengdu hotel and take you on a 1-hour drive to the Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center. It was founded in 1987 and started with 6 giant pandas that were rescued from the wild. By 2008, it has had 124 panda births, and the captive panda population has grown to 83. Its stated goal is to "be a world-class research facility, conservation education center, and international educational tourism destination."
After your visit to the center, you will be transferred to the Chengdu East railway station at 11:30am to catch a bullet train to Leshan, accompanied by your guide. Since meals are not included into this tour, please bring or purchase some lunch with you to enjoy while on the train. Upon arrival at Leshan railway station at approximately 2pm, you and your guide will take a taxi to the Leshan Giant Buddha site.
The Leshan Giant Buddha is a 71-metre (233 ft) tall stone statue, built during the Tang Dynasty. It is carved out of a cliff face that lies at the confluence of the Minjiang, Dadu and Qingyi rivers in the southern part of Sichuan province in China, near the city of Leshan. The stone sculpture faces Mount Emei, with the rivers flowing below his feet. It is the largest stone Buddha in the world and it is by far the tallest pre-modern statue in the world. The Mount Emei Scenic Area, including Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area, has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996. You can also view the statue by walking down the nine-turn staircase to the left of the statue.
After the tour is over, your guide will escort you back to the Leshan railway station to take a bullet train back to Chengdu. Your driver will wait for you at Chengdu East railway station in order to transfer you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Panda And Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour From Chengdu By Bullet Train
- Entrance fees
- Private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transfers between the railway stations and attractions in Chengdu
- Round-trip tickets for the bullet train between Chengdu and Leshan
Exclusions for Private Panda And Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour From Chengdu By Bullet Train
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Boat to see the Leshan Giant Buddha
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Passport name, number and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
It is recommended to take CNY200–500 ($30 to $80 USD) in Chinese cash with you
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.