OverviewOn this private half-day tour, explore Penang Island, known to sailors and traders worldwide as the Pearl of the Orient. Your private guide will take you from the sandy beaches along Batu Ferringghi Road to the charming countryside full of fruit and spice plantations. Visit a traditional batik factory and the famous Snake Temple, where live pit vipers adorn the altars. Round-trip hotel transport by private vehicle is included.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourIn the morning, youll be picked up from your Penang hotel by private vehicle. Drive along Batu Ferringghi Road, a famous stretch of shoreline, and enjoy panoramic views of the ocean. Your first stop is a batik factory, where youll learn the traditional techniques of producing this exquisite Malay textile using wax and dye to make the patterned designs.
Pass by the lush and green landscape of local fruit and spice plantations, stopping at a fruit stand. Your guide will provide an introduction to the local fruits and spices such as nutmeg and clove as you discover how Penang first achieved fame during the famous era of the spice trade.
Next, head to the Penang War Museum, located atop Bukit Batu Maung on the southeast corner of Penang Island. Opened to the public since 2002, the museum was originally a British military defense fortress built in the 1930s to protect the island from enemy attack. Later it was transformed into a Japanese army base during World War II. Youll learn more about the museums infamous history as you explore the fortress with your guide. Constructed over 20 acres (9 hectares), the site includes underground military tunnels, ammunition bunkers, canon firing bays, sleeping quarters, cook houses and a medical infirmary.
Continue by private car to the famous Snake Temple, originally named the Temple of the Azure Cloud to honor the beauty of Penang's sky. Live pit vipers now coil around the altars in the temple, built in 1850. But dont worryalthough the snakes retain their fangs, their venom has been removed and they are also considered harmless due to the smoke of burning incense.
On the return drive to your hotel, view Penang Bridge, one of the longest bridges in the world, which links Penang Island to the mainland of Malaysia.
Inclusions for Private Penang Island Tour Including Snake Temple
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Private Penang Island Tour Including Snake Temple
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not wheelchair accessible
Please be ready at least 15 minutes prior to departure time
Please provide your Penang hotel name upon booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.