Private Petra Walking Tour: Including The Monastery
OverviewSee the best of Petra in 4 hours tour with a private, professional guide . See the famous attractions that Petra is known for, such as the siq ( narrow gorge ), the treasury (Al kazneh; where Indiana Jones was filmed ), the street of façades , the early necropolis , the royal tombs, the Cardo (Roman street ). Afterwards climb to the Monastery (the second best façade in Petra; after the treasury ). Stop at a Bedouin cafe for a cup of mint tea or Turkish coffee!
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourYour guide will meet you by the main gate of Petra at a pre-arranged time before setting off to explore the hidden city. During the lengthy walk, you'll encounter vendors selling exotic souvenirs before being rewarded by views of the Siq,a dramatic, red-hued gorge considered one of the highlights of Petra.
Once you reach the treasury (al khazneh), the real tour begins. You will think that is the first monument in the city as you descend down, and see more faades through the street before seeingthe theater, which could be the beginning of the city. After a few minutes, enter the residential part of the city as you see the remains of houses everywhere, before you get through the cardo (Roman street). After you finish exploring (down town) Petra, get ready for the big climb to the monastery.
While your guide will not be able to take you to every single monument in Petra, they will be able to advise you what to do next after you finish the tour. After 4 hours the tour will conclude and you will have the choice to have lunch inside Petra (not included). You will then have free time to goback to the main gate of Petra to explore on your own.
Inclusions for Private Petra Walking Tour: Including The Monastery
- Private tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Private Petra Walking Tour: Including The Monastery
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.