Private Petropolis Day Tour From Rio De Janeiro - Rio De Janeiro
OverviewCome on a fantastic, approximately 10 hour, private day tour to Petropolis from Rio de Janeiro. Your group of up to 4 people will meet with your guide when picked up from your hotel to see sites such as the Imperial Museum, the Cathedral and Crystal Palace. This tour can be customized to your liking as it is your own private tour.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYou leave Rio at 9:00am and head towards the mountains to visit the Imperial City (Petrpolis). It is a beautiful 90-minute drive via Serra dos rgos. As soon as you enter the city, you spotQuitandinha, a former casino. Stop here to see itsbeautiful gardens and luxurious interior.
During your private tour, visit the main attractions Petrpolis has to offer such as the Imperial Museum, which was theformer summer palace of Pedro II, Brazil's second emperor. Here you will walkby tapestries, antique furniture, jewels, and see the imperial crown with over 600 diamonds and 77 pearls, weighing nearly four pounds (1.7 kg).
After lunch it is time toadmire the Gothic architecture of St Peter of Alcantara Cathedral and visit the tombstones of Brazil's last emperor, Pedro II and his family.The Crystal Palace comes next. Built in France and presented to Princess Isabel by her husband Count D'Eu, it is an impressive building. At this point you can also visit Santos Dumont's house. Very well-known in Brazil, Dumont was a famous inventor responsible got, among other things, the zeppelinswith gasoline engines and one of the first flights in an airplane.
You will also have some free time to visit the famous Rua Teresa (Teresa Street), famous for its shopping.
Because you are taking a private tour you can allocate your time accordingly. If you would like to spend more time at any specific attraction on the itinerary, you may and it is at your discretion. Tour concludes in your hotel in Rio about 5:00pm.
Inclusions for Private Petropolis Day Tour From Rio De Janeiro
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Comfortable vehicle for up to 4 people
Exclusions for Private Petropolis Day Tour From Rio De Janeiro
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
A small amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 4 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rio Samba School: Behind-the-Scenes Carnival Rehearsal
- Private Rio de Janeiro Layover Tour from the Airport
- Sugar Loaf Mountain Half-Day Tour
- Full Day Rio de Janeiro by Jeep Including Tijuca Forest and Christ the Redeemer
- Pico da Tijuca Hiking Tour in Tijuca Forest National Park
- Ocean Kayaking Tour in Rio de Janeiro