Private Pisa Discovery Walking Tour With Options Of Lunch Or Dinner
OverviewA thrilling walking tour to discover the town of the Leaning Tower, through the exterior visit ofPiazza dei Miracoli with the Cathedral and the Baptistery, Piazza dei Cavalieri, Piazza Arcivescovado
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your private and expert guide and start a thrilling walking tour of the ancient maritime city of Pisa famous for its architectural beauty. The origin of Pisa is a mystery: probably Etruscan settlement, it was a Roman colony and thanks to its port and the trade development, soon it expanded, becoming one of the most important ancient Italian town. Your guide will take you on a thorough outdoor walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and its monuments.
You will be dazzled by this marvelous square which is dominated by the Cathedral, a model of the distinctive Pisan Romanesque architecture, the celebrated Leaning Tower and the round- shaped Baptistery surrounded by its suggestive columned arcades. The commentary of your private guide will be particularly focused on the Leaning Tower one of the wonders of the world. You will be enthralled by the history and the leaning structure of the Tower, which stirs the imagination of all visitors. Then your guide will lead you through the old townwhere you can admire the Church of San Sisto, one of the oldest churches in Pisa.
After a pleasant walk, you will reach Piazza dei Cavalieri, which was the political center in the middle Ages. Your private guide will introduce this amazing square where you can admire the historic Scuola Normale, one of the most famous universities in the world, the house of Count Ugolino della Gherardesca also called Conte Ugolino Tower as told by Dante in the Divine Comedy. Passing the famous medieval Tower houses you will be captivated by the explanation provided by your guide about the history of these particular buildings. While walking through the downtown streets, you can admire the ancient house where Giacomo Leopardi lived. Then you will reach the amazing Piazza Arcivescovado where the impressive Palazzo Vescovile is located. At the end of the visit, adda delicious 2-course la carte Lunch or Dinner in a Typical Trattoria, located a few steps away from the Leaning tower.
Inclusions for Private Pisa Discovery Walking Tour With Options Of Lunch Or Dinner
- Local guide at disposal for 2 hours
- Private tour
- 2-course la carte lunch or dinner in a typical trattoria, located a few steps away from the Leaning Tower(if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Pisa Discovery Walking Tour With Options Of Lunch Or Dinner
- Optional Baptistery admission ticket with priority access to the Cathedral to be paid on site
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 0 - 6 years old (lunch not included)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.