Private Provence Tour: Luberon Villages And Lavender Day Trip From Avignon
OverviewVenture into the rugged hills east of Avignon on this private half-day trip to the spectacular Luberon region, marked by cliff-top castles, tucked-away villages and stunning lavender fields. With your private guide, visit the picturesque villages of Oppde-le-Vieux, Roussillon or Gordes, and tour the Lavender Museum (Muse de la Lavande) to learn about this enduring symbol of Provence.
Know More about this tourIn the morning or afternoon, youll be picked up from your Avignon hotel and taken by air-conditioned mini-coach to the Luberon region, located about 1.5 hours away. Stretching 30 miles (48 km) along a ridge of rugged hills east of Avignon, Luberon is home to some of France's most appealing hill towns and lush landscapes.
From your private vehicle, admire views of villages and castles perched on cliffs that cascade down to sprawling lavender fields. Stop in the 12th-century village of Oppde-le-Vieux, whose old buildings cling to a rocky hill. Explore the shadowy narrow streets as your knowledgeable guide points out the remains of city ramparts and a medieval castle.
Continue to the colorful village of Roussillon, which lies within the borders of the Parc Naturel Rgional du Luberon and is noted for its large ochre ridge. Youll be struck by the unique yellow, orange and red clay formations as you walk through a former quarry, the Sentier des Ocres (Ochre Path).
Your next stop is Gordes, another beautiful old village thats perched on the southern edge of the high Plateau de Vaucluse. Admire the picture-perfect stone buildings, including the 12th-century castle, nestled on the hill overlooking the fields and forests of the Luberon Valley. Depending on the day you visit, you'll also stop by the markets of Gordes (Tuesdays) or Roussillon (Thursdays).
Travel 15 minutes south to Coustellet to visit the Lavender Museum. Learn how those beautiful, vast fields of lavender flowers a symbol of Provence are cultivated and used to make fragrant essential oils and cosmetic products.
Then, relax on the drive back to your Avignon hotel.
The tour will include a visit to three of the four sites listed. The Lavender Museum and Sentier des Ocres are both closed in January.
Inclusions for Private Provence Tour: Luberon Villages And Lavender Day Trip From Avignon
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach (max 8 passengers)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Provence Tour: Luberon Villages And Lavender Day Trip From Avignon
- Entrance fees to the museums
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- PRIVATE Full Day Roman and Medieval Provencal Heritage Walking Tour from Avignon
- PRIVATE Full Day Luberon Villages Walking Tour from Avignon
- PRIVATE Full Day Provence Villages and Historical Monuments Walking Tour from Avignon
- PRIVATE Half Day Luberon Villages Walking Tour from Avignon
- Small-Group Day Trip to Aix en Provence from Avignon
- Small-Group Fish Cooking Class with Market Visit in Uzs
- Full Day Provence Villages and Historical Monuments Walking Tour from Avignon
- Discover Provence including Avignon and Luberon Villages from Avignon