Private Puka Pukara, Tambomachay, Sacsayhuaman And Cusco City Full-Day Tour
OverviewWe will pick you up from your hotel at 8:30 in the morning in private transport and drive about 20 minutes to the hills above Cusco. We will visit the amazing Inca sites of Puka Pukara (an Inca military outpost) Tambomachay (where you can see Inca aqueducts), and finally visit the massive boulders that make up the ruins atSacsayhuaman. After taking time to enjoy the majestic views over Cusco, we willbe picked up by our driver and return to Cusco to have lunch at a restaurant at the main square.After lunch, we will havein-depth city tour of Cusco where we will visit the San Pedro Market which is a local, non-touristic market.Then we will visit all of the best sites in Cusco including the Cathedral, the temple of the sun, and if we have time, the museum where all of the original artifacts from Machu Picchu are located.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
This tour will take you to three Inca archaeological sites. You will be met by your guide at your hotel at 8:30am and we will be driven in private transport20 minutes to the Inca archaeological site of Puka Pukara or red rock which was previously a military site. Then we will drive to Tambomachay, an amazing series of terraces with original Inca aqueducts, canals and waterfalls.
Finally, we will drive to theUnesco world heritage site of Sacsayhuaman. Located on a steep outcropping overlooking Cusco, this Inca site is composed of massive boulders held together without mortar. It was an important site for military and ceremonial purposes. You will be given a private tour of the site and we will go to a vista where there are great views overlooking the city of Cusco.
Return by private transport to the main square of Cusco where we will have lunch and if you are brave, you can try guinea pig (cuy).
After lunch, we will walk to the bustling San Pedro market, where many local Cusqueos shopand go to eat. We will take a tour of the stands that sell everything from fruits and vegetables,meats and medicinal plants. You will then be led on a tour of the most important historical sites of Cusco including the Plaza de Armas and the main cathedral. Inside the cathedral,you can see a massive silver altar and a painting of the last supper where they are eating guinea pig. We will also will give you a tour of Coricancha, which was the most sacred Inca temple dedicated to Inti, the sun God. When the Spaniards arrived to Cusco, they demolished the temple, using the existing foundation on which to build a colonial church.If there is time, we can visit the museum where many artifacts from Machu Picchu are located.
Inclusions for Private Puka Pukara, Tambomachay, Sacsayhuaman And Cusco City Full-Day Tour
- Local professional guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Private Tour
Exclusions for Private Puka Pukara, Tambomachay, Sacsayhuaman And Cusco City Full-Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to archaeological sites requires Boleto turistico:130 soles-$37 per person. covers entrance to Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Moray, multiple museums in Cusco, and Sacsayhuaman or half ticket 70 soles--$23 which covers only some of these sites
- Entrance to cathedral ($12) and coricancha ($3)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.