The "Rainbow Mountain" in Cusco - Peru, also known as Vinicunca, is an spectacular place near the snowy Ausangate glacier which is considered a sacred mountain by local people, is one of the most important deities of ancient Cusco. Since pre-Inca times, the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues untill nowadays.
Most trips that let you see the "Rainbow Mountain" requires a trek of at least five or six days. That has changed with this new itinerary. We have designed for this walk, so now that it can be done as a day trip.
On this walk you will see picturesque villages, beautiful adobe houses, herds of llamas and alpacas, and you will have a magnificent view of the glacier Ausangate (6,385 m / 20,945 feet).
With the beauty and uninterrupted solitude, this is a spectacular journey for hikers who love a true outdoor adventure.
- 4:00 am. Pick up from your hotel and departure from Cusco to Pitumarca Town, average 3-hour trip.
- 7:00 am Breakfast (Pitumarca Town)
- After breakfast we continue the journey to the starting point 40 minutes away.
- 8:20 am Start the walk to the rainbow Mountain.
- On the way you will enjoy landscapes full of flora and fauna.
- Duration between 3 to 4 hours average to arrive at the "Rainbow Mountain".
- 10:45 am We will arrive to the Rainbow Mountain.
- 11:20 am Downhill to the starting point.
- 13:45 pm Lunch in Pitumarca town.
- 15:00 pm Van from Pitumarca to Cusco City.
- 18:00 pm Arrive to Cusco city(Drop off at your hotel - Private service).