Private Rock Climbing Tour: The Altar Stone In The Bicaz Gorges
OverviewReady for your next adventure? It all starts with a visit to the Bicaz Gorges (Cheile Bicazului). Famous for their 1000 ft. limestone rocks towering over narrow roads and passes, these gorges are simply breathtakingly beautiful. The road that cuts through them reveals one of Romania's most stunning and spectacular landscapes. Once you get to the Bicaz Gorges all you have to do is look up towards the majestic mountains and you will see it: a huge rock, with a huge cross on it. That is the Altar`s Stone. That is our destination.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourNo previous experience is necessary, yet this trip is only suitable for those who have a good physical condition and no fear of heights.
We will travel from Gheorgheni to the Bicaz Gorges by car, and get to the trail that heads to the Altar`s Stone. From here, we will hike for about 40 minutes to the bottom of the climbing route.
During the walking of this route, we will make all decisions together with regards to breaks and other similar matters, based of course on your physical condition as well. All in all, you can expect the climb to last for about 3 hours.
Given that your safety is our priority, and because this is a pretty long climb, you will be accompanied by 2 guides. The top of the mountain will greet us with some of the most breathtaking views. After getting to the Altars Stone and after of course, taking a break, we will head back down on a different route, that will also include some rappelling and hiking.
All climbing gear, including ropes, harnesses, helmets and shoes, will be provided by us.
Snacks and drinks are not included.
Inclusions for Private Rock Climbing Tour: The Altar Stone In The Bicaz Gorges
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Rock Climbing Tour: The Altar Stone In The Bicaz Gorges
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.