Private Rome In A Day Tour Including The Colosseum
OverviewEnjoy a special 7-hour sightseeing tour of the Roman historical center; admiring the Circus Maximus, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, PIazza Navona, the Pantheon, Castel Sant'Angelo, Saint Peter Square and many other special sites. Be picked up at 9:00am and a private driver will take you to the sightseeing, historical center of Rome in your private air-conditioned car or minivan. Your tour will continue to Emperor Hadrians Mausoleum and legendary Ponte Sant'Angelo, to enjoy a fantastic sight of the Castello Sant'Angelo, and the astonishing Saint Peter Square with its superb Colonnade. Afterwards, enjoy a beautiful view of Rome from Janiculum Hill and see the Circus Maximus. After a 1-hour break for lunch (which is not included) you will have a private skip-the-line tour in the symbol of the Ancient Roman world; the Colosseum.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Join the Best of Rome Day Private Tour to discover the Eternal City. You will be picked up at 9:00am and a private driver will bring you to the sightseeing historical center of Rome. You will see Piazza Venezia with its Wedding Cake marble honorary monument erected in 1885 to commemorate King Victor Emmanuel II and you will be driven to the Quirinal Palace, official residence of the Italian President.
Then, appreciate the Baroque masterpiece, the Trevi Fountain, the charming Spanish Steps and Piazza Navona, the silent flow of the Tiber river and the beautiful Pantheon. The tour will continue to Emperor Hadrians Mausoleum and legendary Ponte Sant'Angelo, to enjoy a fantastic sight of the Castello Sant'Angelo, and to the astonishing Saint Peter Square with its superb Colonnade.
Afterwards, enjoy a beautiful view of Rome from Janiculum Hill and see the Circus Maximus, the site of the Roman chariots races, with its evocative views of the sprawling ruins of the Emperors Palaces on Palatine Hill. After a 1-hour break for lunch (which is not included) this tour includes a private skip-the-line tour in the symbol of the Ancient Roman world; the Colosseum. Discover the techniques of construction invented by the Romans, the incredible ability of the gladiators, the violent fighting between exotic animals and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
The tour will then continue exploring the Palatine Hill, residence of the Roman Emperors, overlooking in one side the Circus Maximus and in the other side the views of the valley of the Roman Forum, ancient center of Roman political, religious and commercial life. In this important archaeological area you will see some of Ancient Romes most evocative ruins: the Temple of Julius Caesar, built in the same spot where his body was cremated, the Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House, Basilica of Maxentius and much more.
9:00 12:00 Sightseeing in the historical center with an English speaking driver
12:00 13:30 1-hour and a half break for lunch near Colosseum (not included)
13:30 16:30 Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill private tour with professional guide
Inclusions for Private Rome In A Day Tour Including The Colosseum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in central Rome
- Private car and driver (morning tour)
- Skip-the-line Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill entry
- Colosseum and Ancient Rome tour
- Professional guide for the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill tour
Exclusions for Private Rome In A Day Tour Including The Colosseum
- Food and drinks
- Guide for the Sightseeing tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart-casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Large bags and suitcases cannot be taken into the Colosseum; be aware that the monument does not provide a cloakroom service
Selfie sticks cannot be used inside the Colosseum
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience