Private Santorini Wine Adventure
OverviewSip your way around the island on a private wine tour of the Santorinis countryside, visiting three celebrated wineries on a customized day with a private guide.
Know More about this tour
Sip your way around Santorini on a private morning or sunset wine tour, visiting 3 traditional wineries dotted across the picturesque island.
Learn about the Assyrtiko local grape type and chat with your private guide about the history of wine production on the island that exists for centuries. Hear about Santorinis island viticulture on the volcanic soils and sample up to 12 different varietals of the island's award-winning volcanic wines. Enjoy private cellars tours at each of the wineries and savor local snacks alongside wine tastings, on a 5-Hour private wine tour of the Santorinis countryside.
Visit Boutari Winery, an estate considered as a winemaking institution in Santorini. Learn about its winemaking heritage, and visit the private cellars to see where its award-winning produce is left to ferment and mature. Continue to the tasting room to sample four glasses of wine, and enjoy a platter of local cheese, olives, tomatoes and bread, too. As you sip and savor, learn about the wine from the estates own wine-expert guide.
Your second visit is to Gravalas Winery, a traditional Greek wine cellar that dates back to the mid-19th century. Explore the old cellars, seeing the huge vinsanto (dessert wine) barrels, and then visit the foot-stomping room where grapes are still crushed by foot! In the winerys quaint backyard, enjoy another wine tasting and sample up to four glasses of wine made with regional grapes such as assyrtiko and nykteri.
Then, head towards the flat side of the island for the final wine tasting this time on an acclaimed estate! The wine produced at Argyros Estate is matured on steel vats and french oak casks, combining the traditional Santorini techniques with the French rules of modern wine-making. The results are extraordinary crisp wines, well acclaimed by international experts.
After visits to Argyros Estate and Gravalas wineries, head straight to Venetsanos Winery for a wine tasting with sunset views. Take a seat in the tasting area, and enjoy a glass of sparkling wine before finishing on a high note with a glass of the winerys legendary vinsanto wine.
- 5-Hour private Santorini wine tour, led by a wine-expert guide/ sommelier.
- Visit three of the islands traditional wineries and learn about Santorinis winemaking.
- Taste 12 different varietals of Santorini wine, from crisp Assyrtikos to sublime sweet Vinsanto wines.
- Sample local cheese and snacks alongside wine tastings.
- Admire the charming landscape of the countryside filled with scenic villages and rolling hills.
- Start your tour at daytime or afternoon time, to enjoy the sunset of Santorini during your tour.
Inclusions for Private Santorini Wine Adventure
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned minivan.
- 5-Hour private wine tour in Santorini led by a wine expert guide.
- Wine tasting of 12 different wine styles from Santorini and Greece.
- Private cellars tour at each of the wineries.
- Mini private wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines.
- Assortment plate of local snacks to eat alongside wine tastings.
- All taxes.
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries.
Exclusions for Private Santorini Wine Adventure
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel /Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Santorini Traditional Villages and Oia Sunset Small-Group Tour
- Santorini Highlights Private Tour with Wine Tasting
- Red beach,Wine tasting, panoramic photos, Oia sunset
- Private 8h tour on Santorini
- Santorini Volcanic Islands Cruise: Volcano, Hot Springs and Thirassia
- Santorini through history and wine in vino veritas
- Santorini through history and wine in vino veritas without Akrotiri
- Trimaran Sailing in Caldera