Private Shanghai Day Tour Including The Bund, Yu Garden, Old Town Market And Shanghai Museum
OverviewShanghai is largest and the most modern city in China. During the 1950s and 1960s, it became an industrial center, and it is a global financial center nowadays. You will find this city is with mixed of Western and Eastern architectures as well as the culture. This private customized day tour will take you to visit some major attractions in Shanghai, such as Bund, Shanghai Museum, Yu Garden and old town market. Professional English speaking guide will give you an overview about the city as well as its interesting history and stories. You will have a reliable private transfer service form your hotel to all different attractions.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour tour guide will come to meet you at your hotel lobby in the morning. The Bund is your stop, and you will spend a short walking tour there (45 minutes). Your tour guide will give you an epitome of Shanghai's history and take you to visit some landmark buildings along Huangpu River. You will be amazed by the marvelous view of this city.
Then you will head to the Yu Graden which is located in old town of Shanghai. It is the most celebrated classical Chinese garden in Shanghai. The Old Town Market is just right outside of the Yu Garden where you can shop for some souvenirs 45 minutes to 1 hour). Your tour guide will also take you to see some of the local lanes and Shikumen houses in this area.
Lunch is at your own cost, and your tour guide can recommend you some nice local restaurant if you want.
You will spend about 2 hours in Shanghai museum in the afternoon, and it is one the top museums in China (other two are Beijing Museum and Nanjing Museum). There are 11 state-of-the-art galleries and 3 special exhibition halls inside of the museum, and all encircling a spacious cylindrical atrium. You will see a collection of 120,000 precious Chinese ancient art works of art and archaeological findings. The daily visitor control number is 8,000 and reservation is required.
Unlike many museums in China, the Shanghai Museum is arranged by theme rather than by dynasty. You will start from the Ancient Chinese Bronze Gallery at first floor, and then the Ancient Chinese Sculpture Gallery where the sculptures spanning the Warring States period to the Ming Dynasty (475 B.C.-A.D. 1644). The Ceramics Gallery contains many tricolor figurines from the magnificent Tang Dynasty (A.D. 618-907) and delicately painted and fired pots from the Ming Dynasty.
Besides all above attractions, you will also have a choice of visiting Jade Buddha Temple or Confucian temple. In the end of tour, you will visit Shanghai Silk Museum on the way back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Shanghai Day Tour Including The Bund, Yu Garden, Old Town Market And Shanghai Museum
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Shanghai Day Tour Including The Bund, Yu Garden, Old Town Market And Shanghai Museum
- Personal shopping
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 20 years old
During peak season or peak hours, please expect 30 minutes waiting time to access Shanghai Museum
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour: Nanxun Ancient Water Town from Shanghai
- Private VIP Class Huangpu River Cruise and Evening City Lights Tour
- 3-Hour Walking Tour: Old Town Morning With Authentic Shanghainese Breakfast
- A Half Day Trip To Zhujiajiao from Shanghai
- Taste of Shanghai: Half-Day Cooking Class of Dumplings and Chinese Buns
- Private Day Tour: Zhouzhuang Ancient Water Village