Private Shore Excursion: Best Of Klaipeda Walking Tour
OverviewJoin us on this privateKlaipeda and Curonian Spit tour that will show you all the most beautiful parts of this port of call. Who said Klaipeda is an industrial port? It's a lovely and charming home to such picturesque places asJoudkrante, Nida, the Dunes and Klaipeda's beautiful Old Town.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourMeet your professional tourguide outside the main port gate, and start your exploration of Klaipdea Old Town.
Klaipeda is the 3rd biggest city in Lithuania, an important port and Lithuanias only gateway to the Baltic Sea. The city has a long history starting as a fishing village of ancient Balts and experiencing the arrival of German Crusaders in the 13th century. The Crusaders built their castle there in 1252 and formed the city, in former times known as Memel.
During the city tour you will see the old Castle territory and the Old Town with the fascinating merchants warehouses in the typical German style with fachwerk (half timbered) decorations.
The tour will take you to the Theatre Square with the Simon Dach fountain, which is named after the 17th century German poet, born in Klaipeda. The fountain portrays a statue of a girl named Annehen von Tharau, who is the subject of a famous German wedding and love song.
On this tour you will meet various magical inhabitants of the city that make it so special and will have a chance to make a wish!
For those who are interested, we welcome you to visit Amber Queen Museum to admire a unique private amber collection put together in the 20th century.
Once the tour is over, you are welcome toenjoy some free time for self-exploration, shopping or a relaxing coffee/beer break in one of the local cafes.
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Best Of Klaipeda Walking Tour
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for 3hrs
- Klaipeda Old Town Walking Tour
- Admissions toAmber Queen Museum
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Best Of Klaipeda Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.