Private Shore Excursion: Best Of Tallinn With Kadriorg Palace And Pirita
OverviewExplore the best of Tallinn's highlights in five hours with a comprehensiveprivatetour with your own professional guide and private driver. With ample opportunity to explore, see the most famous landmarks of the Old Town and discover Kadriorg Palace, then catch a glimpse of Pirita, Tallinn's modern district. Take a break for coffee at a local establishment, included with your tour. Choose from round-trip transportation from the cruise port, or pickup up from a Tallinn hotel at a time of your choice.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tour
The tour begins with pickup by your guide and driver outside the main port gate approximately 30 minutes after arrival of your cruise ship, or from your hotel at the prearranged time.
Start your exploration with a relaxed 3-hour walking tour in the Old Town of Tallinn, divided into the Upper Town and the Lower Town. Located only a 5-minute drive from the pier, Old Town will surely capture your attention with a variety of medieval sights. On the drive to Old Town, watch for sights of Fat Margaret Tower and the Great Coastal Gate, then have a chance to see the the city wall with its defense towers. The walking tour begins in Upper Town.
Behold merchant houses, St Olafs church, one of the oldest functioning pharmacies in the world, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, and The Three Sisters Houses site--a charming preservation of medieval merchant houses and today a modern five-star hotel. Everything about the Old Town will mesmerize and amaze you with its preserved condition, as if from a fairy tale. Stroll through the narrow cobble-stoned lanes to the Dome Church (Virgin Mary Cathedral) and admire the magnificent panoramic views from Toompea Hill.
Get a historical overview of the days past and learn about the life of modern Estonians. See where they walk and shop, and get acquainted with their lifestyle and habits. Ask your guide as many questions as you like concerning Estonia and its specifics. Take advantage of a brief break to purchase some souvenirs (the works of local craftsmen), and enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee from a local venue.
After the break, a 15-minute ride will bring you to Kadriorg, the suburban wooden area. Explore this area with a 2-hour sightseeing drive, with plenty of opportunities to get out of the vehicle for photo stops. Seethe delightful baroque park full of roses and swan ponds, and contemplate the magnificent exteriors of Kadriorg Palace (also known as Presidential Palace) formerly belonging to Empress Catherine I. Then, catch a glimpse ofKUMU Art Museum and some specimens of the 20th century architectural constructions in the district, including theSong Festival GroundsandOlympic Yacht Center.
Stop at the popular Pirita beach, where you will catch a romantic view of St. Bridgets Convent's ruins. After five hours, you will be transferred back to the cruise port or your Tallinn hotel.
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Best Of Tallinn With Kadriorg Palace And Pirita
- Professional tour guide (please select your language)
- Entrance fees to all churches and cathedrals listed in itinerary
- Port/hotel pick-up and drop-off by a private driver in an air-conditioned mini-bus
- Coffee break (tea or coffee and pastry)
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Best Of Tallinn With Kadriorg Palace And Pirita
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Some cathedrals require additional donation fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees toKadriorg Palace and KUMU Art Museum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Each child must have an age appropriate seat. Child seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Hotel guests must provide their hotel name and address for pickup
The tour is limited to 15 people (larger groups are available on request)
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Personal food and drinks are not allowed in the vehicle
Buses are comfortable, fully enclosed, and air-conditioned. They are not equipped with bathrooms or Wi-Fi.
Photography is not allowed inside the churches and cathedral
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- City tour Craft Brewery visit and tasting of craft beers ciders and cheeses
- Helsinki Day Cruise from Tallinn
- Tallinn TV Tower Entrance Ticket
- Private Shore Excursion: 5-Hour Best of Tallinn
- Medieval photoshoot and tour in Tallinn
- Shore Excursion: 4-Hour Tallinn Guided Sightseeing Tour
- 4G LTE Pocket WiFi Rental, Internet Connection in Tallinn -pick up at LAX