Private Shore Excursion: Day Trip To London From Dover Including Leeds Castle And Canterbury Cathedral
OverviewAfter your cruise finishing at the port of Dover, take a private group tour of Leeds Castle and a visit to the beautiful city of Canterbury and a tour of Canterbury Cathedral before your transfer to your London hotel. This private tour to London from the port of Dover is for up to 8 people and includes a private guided tour of Leeds Castle before it opens to the public and a private guided tour of Canterbury Cathedral. Your driver/guide will be waiting to collect you and all your luggage alongside your cruise ship. Enjoy the day exploring these iconic English buildings as a private group before heading to London where you will be taken to your hotel. Please note the Leeds Castle & Canterbury Cathedral fees are not included in the price, kindly contact the local provider after booking to confirm the visits to the attractions.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYou will be collected from your cruise ship at Dover Cruise Terminal as you disembark typically between 7am/9am (collection time to be confirmed by you) in a luxury vehicle with 8 leather seats, full air condition & valeted for your day. Your driver/guide will be waiting for you on the quayside with a name board. Once you and your luggage is safely on board you'll head to Leeds Castle about 45 minutes from Dover for a private guided tour of the castle.
A private guided tour in Leeds Castle
A unique opportunity to have a private guided tour of Leeds Castle before it opens to the general public. On arrival, take a 1-hour tour of the castle (own expense) which is arranged for you and gain insight into centuries of royal history. Learn of famous names who once called the residence home and admire the stunning architecture for which the castle is known. Leeds Castle has been a Norman stronghold, the private property of six of Englands medieval queens, a palace used by Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon, a Jacobean country house, a Georgian mansion, an elegant early 20th century retreat for the influential and famous and in the 21st century, it has become one of the most visited historic buildings in Britain. Admission and tour cost payable on the day to Leeds Castle.
Guided tour in Canterbury Cathedral
After your visit to Leeds Castle you'll take a 45 minute drive to Canterbury where you'll have time to explore and have some lunch. Whilst small, Canterbury is truly a beautiful city and well worth a visit. Always busy and full of energy but with a village feel. Canterbury Cathedral is truly breathtaking with its medieval history dating back to 597AD. The Cathedral offers a private guided tour (own expense) which your local operator can arrange for you. The Cathedral tour lasts about 90 minutes.
As you are a private group the day can be flexible to meet your needs (no waiting for other people). Once you're ready to head to London sit back and your driver will take you to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Day Trip To London From Dover Including Leeds Castle And Canterbury Cathedral
- Private group transfer with tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional driver/guide
- Bottled water
- Cruise port pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- One-way private transfer with tour
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Day Trip To London From Dover Including Leeds Castle And Canterbury Cathedral
- Leeds Castle entrance fees (admission and tour cost: 18.25 per person + 50.00 guide fee payable on the day to Leeds Castle - subject to change)
- Canterbury Cathedral entrance fees (10.50 per person + 50 guide fee payable the Canterbury Cathedral on the day - subject to change)
- These fees supplied in 'What you can expect'
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.