Private Shore Excursion From Naples: Pompeii, Herculaneum, And Mt VesuviusWrite a Review
With an 8-hour private guided tour limited to three people, fully explore the two ancient Roman cities, Pompeii and Herculaneum in their excellent state of preservation. Then visit the volcano Mt Vesuvius, which led to their tragic end nearly two thousand years ago. Peer into to the crater of this giant and learn the geology of the volcano from a professional volcanologist guide. See the Bay of Naples spread beneath you and take some remarkable photos. Choose from a self-guided tour ofÂ Pompeii and Herculaneum, or upgrade to include an archeologist guide inside the two ruined cities. All tours include round-trip transportation.Â
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your driver at your selected meeting point at 8:30 to begin your tour. Visit the two most renown archaeological sites in Europe, along with the volcano that destroyed them. You can expect to stop in Pompeii for approximately two hours, in Herculaneum for approximately 1.5-hours, and explore Mount Vesuvius for two hours. Your guide/driver will introduce you to the history and the culture of these sites. If you wish, you can select the option for a walking tour alongside a local archaeological guide inside Pompeii and Herculaneum.
After touring the two ruins, have time for lunch (own expense) before going to Mt. Vesuvius. Drive 3280ft (1000 mt) up the mountain, then make the approximately 25 minute walk to reach the top of the volcano. The path to the top is cut with steps into the mountain's side. It is a moderate walk, so remember to wear comfortable shoes. At the summit, learn about the unique conditions that led to the eruption from a volcanologist guide. Once you have explored the mountain and taken your photos, head back down the mountain to be driven back to Naples. The tour ends at around 5pm.
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion From Naples: Pompeii, Herculaneum, And Mt Vesuvius
- Archeologist guide (if option selected at booking)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion From Naples: Pompeii, Herculaneum, And Mt Vesuvius
- Entrance fees (Pompeii € 13,00, Herculaneum € 11,00, Vesuvius € 10,00)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A maximum of 3 people per booking
May be operated by a multilingual driver
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
A large amount of walking is involved, 6 hours walking (approximately 2 hours at each site)
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.