From USD 35
OverviewDrive up a to a scenically wonderful coastal road before we reach the House of Virgin Mary. Continue to your visit with the ancient city of Ephesus. It was famous in antiquity for its temple of Diana, during the years of the Roman Empire, the Greek port of Ephesus became the greatest city in Asia Minor. Upon your arrival at Ephesus, you will follow your guide to enter the ancient site through the Magnesia Gate. Discover innumerable monuments including the Forum, the Odeon, the Library of Celsus, the Thermal Baths of Scolastika and the Great Theatre built in the Greek era and reconstructed in the Roman period, which is still noted for its remarkable acoustics. View the symbols all around and marvel at the fact that one is still able to read the inscriptions in the ancient Greek language.
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from Kusadasi cruise port, hop inside your deluxe private vehicle with your guide, and enjoy a scenic drive along a wonderful coastal road toward the ancient ruins of Ephesus.
On route, stop to visit the House of Virgin Mary, where a shrine stands on the site where it’s thought the saint spent her last days. It is known that Mary visited Ephesus and lived there for some time, and a house where she died was described in the visions of the early 19th-century German nun, Anne Catherine Emmerich.
The nun, now canonized, had never visited Ephesus, but fleshed out her vision of the house to German poet and writer Clemens Brentano, who later published a book on it. The site was officially declared a shrine by the Roman Catholic Church in 1896, and has become a popular place of pilgrimage.
After visiting the chapel, continue to the UNESCO-listed archaeological ruins of Ephesus, known in antiquity for its Temple of Diana (Artemis), and the greatest city in Asia Minor at the time of the Roman Empire.
Upon arrival at the site, bypass the lines and follow your guide through the famous Magnesia Gate for a walking tour of the marble-paved streets. Along the way, stop to view many of the well-preserved monuments, including the Forum, Odeon, Library of Celsus, Thermal Baths of Scolastika, and the Great Theater, a stunning amphitheater originally built by the Greeks but reconstructed in Roman times.
Learn how the theater is still noted for its remarkable acoustics, and inspect the richly carved ancient Greek symbols and inscriptions — still eligible after more than 2,000 years.
After an approximately 3-hour tour, travel back to Kusadasi where your excursion ends with a port drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion Half Day: Ephesus And House Of Virgin Mary From Kusadasi
- Professional art historian guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion Half Day: Ephesus And House Of Virgin Mary From Kusadasi
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.