Private Shore Excursion - Inveraray Castle And Loch Lomond From Greenock - GlasgowWrite a Review
OverviewThis private day tour takes you on a historical and beautiful journey to Loch Lomond and the lower Highlands.
- Inveraray Castle (admission not included)
- The Lochs and Mountains of the Trossachs National Park
- The quaint village of Luss, on the banks of loch Lomond
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Meet and greet at the pier 08:00-08:30am
From Greenock we head east to the Erskine Bridge and cross the Clyde River heading for Loch Lomond.
We make our way into the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and drive along the west side of Loch Lomond, stopping to admire the views from the village of Luss.
Continuing along the Loch we head west at Tarbet and over the Military Road to Loch Long, where we catch our first view of the Arrochar Alps, which dominate the area. We then drive steadily upwards into Glen Croe until we reach the top, a famous road which has been known for many years as “Rest and Be Thankful” After admiring the stunning views we make our way through the mountains to Loch Fyne and stop at the charming small town of Inveraray.
A visit to the stunning Inveraray Castle, home of the Duke of Argyll is always recommended or experience life in a Georgian courthouse at Inveraray Jail. Perhaps have lunch and try one of the locally brewed beers or a wee dram of whisky! After a few hours here, we will retrace our route back to Greenock but see the scenery from a different perspective.
- The driver/guide has microphone system for use in the vehicle.
- We supply Chilled Bottled water and Scottish Shortbread for the journey.
- There may also be Free Wi-Fi on board so you can check emails and check in on Facebook with your phone (WiFi is dependent on the vehicle).
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion - Inveraray Castle And Loch Lomond From Greenock
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion - Inveraray Castle And Loch Lomond From Greenock
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the ships arrival and departure times and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.