Private Shore Excursion Of Ephesus City From Kusadasi Or SelcukWrite a Review
OverviewExplore the spectacular Magical ancient city of Ephesus on a private shore excursion from the Kusadasi port. Learn about the rich history of this ancient city and visit the House of Virgin Mary, the Basilica of St John and the Temple or Artemis (also known as Temple of Diana). A private guided tour ensures you make the most of your brief time in Kusadasi port.
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourWhen you arrive in the port of Kusadasi, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, in which you can relax as your private shore excursion to Ephesus begins. Enter the magnificent city through the Magnesia Gate, and then stretch your legs during a walk with your guide into the ruins of this former Roman capital. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. Your guide will tell you about the architectural importance of these sites, as well as historical Roman events that took place there.
You will then visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where Mary spent the last days of her life. The house was discovered in the 19th century after the repeated visions of a Catholic nun, Anne Catherine Emmerich, were published in a book. When the ruins of the house were discovered, a small shrine dedicated to St Mary was found there.
Next, see the graceful columns and mosaics that remain of the Basilica of St John, built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St John the Apostle. Enjoy the panoramic views of the rural Selcuk countryside and the ruins of the Temple of Artemis. This temple, also known as the Temple of Diana (the Roman goddess equivalent), was first built during the Archaic period and is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World .
Visit the Ephesus Museum, located near the entrance to the Basilica of St John, which displays excavations from the ancient city of Ephesus as well as frescoes and mosaics.
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion Of Ephesus City From Kusadasi Or Selcuk
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion Of Ephesus City From Kusadasi Or Selcuk
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.