This 6-hour private shore excursion from your cruise ships arrival into the Port of Benoa will have you journeying to art villages of Batuan, Mas and Batubulan. It will take approximately 1-hour to drive from the Port of Benoa. You will then take a 30-minute drive from the art villages to the centre of Ubud to visit the sacred monkey forest, Ubud Palace and art market.
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up from the Port of Benoa when you are allowed to disembark from your cruise ship between 8 and 10am (dependent on the arrival time of your cruise ship). Your private driver/guide will discuss your tour with you before you set off for the day.
First you will visit Celuk Village where you will see the Jewelry makers at work. There is so much lovely jewelry that it becomes overwhelming.
You will then visit the village of Mas which is best known for its wood carvings. There are several shops along the main village street where one can see different kinds of exquisite wooden carvings been sold. The wood is either sandalwood, ebony or the local crocodile wood.
Before you visit the Ubud art market you will visit Batuan Village. Here you can look for beautiful paintings to buy if you wish. It's huge and has a diverse style of paintings.
Continue onto visit the Sacred Monkey Forest. If you love monkeys, then this is the place to go as they wander freely in this sacred forest that you meander through. From here we continue to visit Ubud Palace which is still used as a palace of residence. Parts of the palace are now open to the public and can be seen. The palace is well decorated with ornate doors, statues and carvings and has been well preserved. The palace also holds traditional dance performances.
Lastly you will visit the Ubud Art Market. Here you can browse and buy paintings, wood carvings, sarongs, shirts, shorts, silk scarves, lightweight shirts, handmade woven bags, baskets or hats, statues, kites and many other hand-crafted goods. Be sure to look around first to determine the going prices of these crafts before you buy something, then try your bargaining skills. You will then be taken back to your cruise ship at the Port of Benoa.
Inclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Ubud Art Villages And Sacred Monkey Forest
- Private driver/guide
- Private tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Shore Excursion: Ubud Art Villages And Sacred Monkey Forest
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.