Private Shore Excusrion To Stirling Castle And Loch Lomond From Greenock - GlasgowWrite a Review
OverviewThis private day tour takes you on a historical and beautiful journey across Central Scotland and the lower Highlands.
- Stirling Castle (admission extra)
- Doune Castle (admission extra)
- The Lochs and Mountains of the Trossachs National Park
- The quaint village of Luss, on the banks of loch Lomond
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Meet and greet at the pier 08:00-08:30
From Greenock we initially travel along the banks of the River Clyde, crossing over the Kingston Bridge in central Glasgow before we reach Stirling.
Stirling is a small city and passing through the medieval heart we see many fine buildings including the Church of the Holy Rude, Argyll’s Lodging, and the Old Town Jail. You could easily spend the whole day in Stirling but the main attraction is the visit to the mighty Stirling Castle(admission fee extra), which is Scotland’s finest medieval castle. It has stunning views from the battlements over to the National Wallace Monument, which can also be visited.
Next we head to Doune Castle (admission fee extra) of “Monty Python" and "Outlander” fame before heading into the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park at Callander.
There are some real Scottish Inns that DON’T cater for large coach parties! There is also a lovely lunch available at Deanston Distillery where they have a small café with great food, and you can sample the whisky too!!
After lunch we take the simply stunning Dukes Pass road through the Trossachs, travelling through the small picturesque towns of Aberfoyle and Balloch, before taking the main road up the side of Loch Lomond to the picturesque village of Luss
After sometime to wander the village and take in the views over the loch, it’s then a comfortable drive back to the ship at Greenock.
- The driver/guide has microphone system for use in the vehicle.
- We supply Chilled Bottled water and Scottish Shortbread for the journey.
- There may also be Free Wi-Fi on board so you can check emails and checkin on Facebook with your phone (WiFi is dependent on the vehicle).
Inclusions for Private Shore Excusrion To Stirling Castle And Loch Lomond From Greenock
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Shore Excusrion To Stirling Castle And Loch Lomond From Greenock
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The duration of tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the ships arrival and departure times and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.