Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour Of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch - Dunhuang
OverviewThis private hiking day tour will take you to Yangguan by comfortably air-conditioned vehicle from your Dunhuang hotel. Upon arrival, enjoy an approximately 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) hike which will take you 2 to 2.5 hours to arrive at YangguanPass. You will see this important pass of ancient silk road and visit the MuseumofYangguanPass. Lunch will be served at a local farmer's restaurant. Afterwards, visit Jade Gate Pass and the great wall of Han Dynasty on your way back to Dunhuang.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAt 8:30 am, your private English-speaking guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel to embark on a day of adventure. You will be transferred by comfortably air-conditioned private vehicle to Yangguan that is located by a small oasis about 70 kilometers away from downtown Dunhuang. By 9:30 am, you will start hiking in Yangguan. The distance of your hike is approximately 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) from the entrance to the site of Yangguan Pass. Along the way, you will see the beautiful oasis before arriving at Yangguan Pass where you will apply for a "passport" from the governor as a souvenir and also visit the Museum of Yangguan Pass. Lunch will be served at a local farmer's restaurant where you could visit the vineyard during lunch.
In the afternoon, you will be transferred to Jade Gate Pass and the site of Han Dynasty Great Wall (256 B.C. - 195 B.C.) which takes approximately 1 hour. In Chinese history, Han Dynasty built many walls to strengthen the safety of their frontier as well as exploring ways to do business with the western region. Instead of piling up layers upon layers of stones or bricks like other dynasties did, the Great Wall of Han Dynasty was built with sand and weeds that were abundant locally. These two materials were mixed together by being layered on top of each other. On average, every layer measures from 4.7 to 5.9 inches (12 to 15 centimeters). Current remains of the wall is ranging from 1.6 feet tall to over 6.6 feet in height. At the end, you will be transferred back to your Dunhuang hotel by 5:30pm where this tour ends.
Inclusions for Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour Of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch
- Private tour
- English-speaking guide
- Professional driver
- Hotel pickup & drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour Of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expense
- Optional activities
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.