Private Small-Group Kuala Selangor Fireflies And Silvered Leaf Monkeys Tour - Kuala Lumpur
OverviewRow a small boat to witness the fascinating display of thousands of fireflies in their synchronized, rhythmic flashing at Kuala Selangor. Interact with the silvered leaf monkeys at Kota Melawati during this private 7-hour guided trek for up to seven people. See Fort Altingsburg with its execution block, royal mausoleum, and bird sanctuary park at the foot of the hill, and have dinner at a local riverside restaurant.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
- Dinner included
Know More about this tour
This is Private Kuala Selangor Fireflies Boat Tour At Kampung Kuantan, Be picked up from your Kuala Lumpur hotel in the afternoon at 4:00pm and head to Kuala Selangor via the North-South Highway, passing through villages, and rubber and palm plantations along the way. After approximately 45-minutes you'll arrive at the Kuala Selangor district and the quiet hamlet of Kampung Kuantan, site of one of the largest firefly colonies in the world.
At Kuala Selangor, visit Kota Melawati, formerly known as Fort Altingsburg, as well as the execution block, royal mausoleum and colonial buildings. Also found in the area are silvered-leaf monkeys, butterflies, and a bird sanctuary park at the foot of Bukit Melawati, an ideal spot for bird-watchers to watch migratory birds. At around 6:30pm you'll have dinner at a local riverside seafood restaurant (included).
Afterward, proceed to the highlight of the tour, Kampung Kuantan. Row upstream in a small non-motorized boat (tongkang), or a battery operated motorboat in the quiet darkness to witness the blinking trees. This scintillating display of fireflies portrays an image of a flashing Christmas tree. The synchronized, rhythmic flashing is produced by the thousands of fireflies found in the mangrove swamp of Kampung Kuantan. The skilled local oarsmen will help make this experience a memorable and unforgettable one.
Arrive back in Kuala Lumpur at approximately 9:30pm to end the tour.
Inclusions for Private Small-Group Kuala Selangor Fireflies And Silvered Leaf Monkeys Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking driver cum guide
- River cruise
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan/Car
Exclusions for Private Small-Group Kuala Selangor Fireflies And Silvered Leaf Monkeys Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Vegetarian Food
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 7 people per booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Dress code: wear comfortable clothing, sport shoes or sandals, t-shirt, long or short pants, sunglasses and hat, mosquito repellent
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Sekinchan Sightseeing Trip from Kuala Lumpur
- Pulau Ketam Village Tour from Kuala Lumpur Including Thean Hou Temple
- Full-Day Tour: Kuala Lumpur City Including Kuala Lumpur Tower, Batu Caves and Little India
- Best of Kuala Lumpur City Tour Including National Museum and National Monument
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Day Trip from Kuala Lumpur
- Private Tour: Kuala Lumpur with Petronas Twin Towers Observation Deck and Batu Caves