Private Snaefellsnesjokull National Park Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewAccording to Jules Verne, during this tour we will head towards the entrance to the center of the earth.The Snfellsnes Peninsula is known as Iceland in a nutshell because it features almost everything Iceland has to offer in a small area. Black sand beaches, volcano, lava fields, water springs, amazing landscape and rock formations, beautiful mountains and small friendly fishing villages
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
The day starts with a hotel/accommodation between 08:30-09:00 (up to you to decide). We will head right out of Reykjavk heading north. Before reaching our first location we will drive through a 5,7km tunnel that goes underneath the ocean. And when we reach the Snfellsnes Peninsula you will probably as for quite a few stops to take photos.
Our first destination is Arnarstapi, a beautiful tiny fishing village with the most amazing coast line and vibrant bird life in the summer.
Between our first and second stop is a place called Hellnar, another small fishing village where you can have a great lunch.
the 2nd stop isLndrangar rock formationsa place with amazing coast line and majestic and unearthly looking rock formation that stand 75 m / 246 ft high.
BetweenLndrangarand the next stopDjpalnssandur beach is a cave that we can visit (please contact us to make arrangements for a cave tour).
Djpalnssandur beachis a dramatic black sand beach with shrapnel from a ship that sank in the 1940s. There are also rocks that were used to determine if men were fit to work at sea or not. This is ideal for men who would to impress their significant other by demonstrating their immense strength. We recommend to follow up the display with a marriage proposal.. It works almost every time!
Before heading back to Reykjavk we will see what other sites you might be interested in and adjust the route accordingly.
Inclusions for Private Snaefellsnesjokull National Park Tour From Reykjavik
- Professional local guide
- Viator brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Snaefellsnesjokull National Park Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes and Glaciers
- Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Blue Lagoon Spa with Round-trip Transport
- Small-Group Volcano Tour from Reykjavik: Descent Into Thrihnukagigur Volcano and Hike
- Golden Circle Express Tour from Reykjavik
- Wonders of Snfellsnes Peninsula - Private Tour from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Snfellsnes Peninsula from Reykjavik - The Wonders of Snaefellsnes